Well I thought that this may be my nexy big upgrade for my SG, I made a shinney aluminum pick guard, and well I would route out a little area and a canal so I could wire it, drill a hold in the pickgaurd and mount it in the pick gaud (Near the top of the guitar that way it would be out of the way of my hand. But I jsut want to know if there worth it, cause there only 50 bucks, so if there worth it, I am going to do my idea. cause if it lets you make your own gain from the guitar, well that would be wicked sweet, and why is it push/pull? Thanks in advnace guys and gals.
Guitar
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gretsch Electromatic 5120
Amp
Crate V33H head w/ Berhinger B412S
Effects
Crybaby
Keely BD2
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is my pet bunny. Will you play with my bunny?
(")_(")
I was reading your post and saw ur sig...
Les Paul SG? O.o
what the hell?

I don't ur questions tho.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by LesPaulCowboy
Well I thought that this may be my nexy big upgrade for my SG, I made a shinney aluminum pick guard, and well I would route out a little area and a canal so I could wire it, drill a hold in the pickgaurd and mount it in the pick gaud (Near the top of the guitar that way it would be out of the way of my hand. But I jsut want to know if there worth it, cause there only 50 bucks, so if there worth it, I am going to do my idea. cause if it lets you make your own gain from the guitar, well that would be wicked sweet, and why is it push/pull? Thanks in advnace guys and gals.

it'd help if you could string a coherent thought together
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by LesPaulCowboy

I'll attempt to translate that

He's made a shiny pickguard, he's going to route an area and a canal so he can wire it properly.
he's going to then drill a hole in the pickguard to mount the afterburner, but high up on the guitar so it's out of the way of his hand when he is strumming.
He also wants to know if it is worth buying an afterburner because they are only $50.
If they are worth it, he's going to install one.
If it lets you make your own distortion and gain from the guitar, that is wicked sweet.
Why is the afterburner push/pull?
Thanks in advance guys and gals.

Okay, it's push/pull because it's an alternative to having an actual switch.
It replaces a pot and makes it so you can just pull up your tone or volume knob to turn it on, then push it down to turn it off.

It doesn't add any gain to your sound I don't think.
I am pretty sure it just raises the volume.
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.
it adds gain, and i think its worth it, imo
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Quote by Kozlic
I was reading your post and saw ur sig...
Les Paul SG? O.o
what the hell?

I don't ur questions tho.

Only thing I can think of is wayy back when the SG came out because the Lespaul wasn't selling well the SG was named les Paul.
Weekend Warrior
Quote by ML_Guitar09
Only thing I can think of is wayy back when the SG came out because the Lespaul wasn't selling well the SG was named les Paul.

Nope, it was originally made for Les Paul so they put his name on it, he didn't like the design and didn't want his name on it so they removed it.
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.