No not coffee brewing, BEER BREWING! And yes it's legal, a single person can brew up to 200 gals a year I think is the law, anyways, post some brewing tips and what not! I know most people will say lol wut? But you can make beer for less than you buy it for.
Here's an "Open Source" beer recipe.

They have loads of different styles and flavours, and ways to do it and stuff.

http://freebeer.org/blog/recipe/

Enjoy!
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
me and my dad tried making our own beer once. it didnt ferment right so he let me drink it... never again
Is your name Mike? Do you want to be everyone's friend? Do you look similar to lots of other people? If so click here

Quote by LesPaulLeader08

Fucking win S&R!
We made some cider once. Got the proofing done and it was about 8%. Not bad for a good tasting cider really.

My uncle makes whisky. That stuff nearly killed me though!
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
Yeah... but it takes ****ing ages, usually gets contaminated, causes blindness and tastes like a cats pissed in it.

I'll prop up a bar anyday instead of drinking warm **** beer in my garage with a guy who's interested in angle's and his job.
no beer....we've got plenty of our own wine though

want to dry beer one day just for the hell of it
can you get away with growing your own hops too? how much of it all can you grow yourself without too much trouble?

Quote by Silence&Requiem
me and my dad tried making our own beer once. it didnt ferment right so he let me drink it... never again

hah, he said that just to keep more for himself
Quote by Preid
Yeah... but it takes ****ing ages, usually gets contaminated, causes blindness and tastes like a cats pissed in it.

I'll prop up a bar anyday instead of drinking warm **** beer in my garage with a guy who's interested in angle's and his job.

You either were doing it wrong or well I don't what you were doing but 1. It takes 6 days at the minimum, 2. You probably didn't sanitize your equipment , 3. It can not cause blindness, the only thing I've read about brewing alcoholic beverages that can blind you is moonshine, and that's some gas that's come from the distilling process. 4. You did it wrong.
Quote by the_strikes
You either were doing it wrong or well I don't what you were doing but 1. It takes 6 days at the minimum, 2. You probably didn't sanitize your equipment , 3. It can not cause blindness, the only thing I've read about brewing alcoholic beverages that can blind you is moonshine, and that's some gas that's come from the distilling process. 4. You did it wrong.

Are you callin me a bad brewer?
Quote by Preid
Are you callin me a bad brewer?

Seems so.

I'd love to make my own beer, I like it thick and dark. So I want to make Super Guinness™.
Quote by justnmcknz
Around here we make moonshine, not beer...

I've made moonshine before, but beer , well there's just something about it.
Quote by the_strikes
I've made moonshine before, but beer , well there's just something about it.

I bet you love angle's, wear chords and drive an estate.

Im an exellent brewer, one of the best around these here parts.
Quote by Preid
I bet you love angle's, wear chords and drive an estate.

Im an exellent brewer, one of the best around these here parts.

I didn't say you weren't a good brewer it's just I've never gotten those kinds of problems, so did you grow any hops this year?
my dad used to make it and it made a horrible smell
The best thing about life is knowing you put it together
Quote by the_strikes
I didn't say you weren't a good brewer it's just I've never gotten those kinds of problems, so did you grow any hops this year?

Im not a farmer so no.

I work it out like this.

Cost of equipment and beer potion = £80 inc P&P + extra ferm bucket

After cleaning and setting it all up I waited 3 weeks like it said. The wait was long and painful. The barrel emitted some funky stench about 16 days into it. But since it was my first time I kept her goin.

Many of my breatheren came round to marvel at the barrel during the fermin stage. When week three came I invited my crew round, this was a widely talked about event since word of my brewing had got round so a fair few turned up. After preping and the big unvaling of my finest work, the tasting session started. Thats where it went tits up. Some said it tasted like piss and caramel, other said it tasted like sweating horses, one said it wasnt bad. I downed about half a litre before the taste got to me.

The aftermath that followed wasnt pretty, I was off work ill for 3 days and many of my hommies reported sore guts and sore heads. That might of been due to the heavy drinking session we had later on that night. I lost £160 from being off work...

I got heavily slagged for my brewing, but still, im the best in town cause im the only one here who's did it!
Quote by Preid
Im not a farmer so no.

I work it out like this.

Cost of equipment and beer potion = £80 inc P&P + extra ferm bucket

After cleaning and setting it all up I waited 3 weeks like it said. The wait was long and painful. The barrel emitted some funky stench about 16 days into it. But since it was my first time I kept her goin.

Many of my breatheren came round to marvel at the barrel during the fermin stage. When week three came I invited my crew round, this was a widely talked about event since word of my brewing had got round so a fair few turned up. After preping and the big unvaling of my finest work, the tasting session started. Thats where it went tits up. Some said it tasted like piss and caramel, other said it tasted like sweating horses, one said it wasnt bad. I downed about half a litre before the taste got to me.

The aftermath that followed wasnt pretty, I was off work ill for 3 days and many of my hommies reported sore guts and sore heads. That might of been due to the heavy drinking session we had later on that night. I lost £160 from being off work...

I got heavily slagged for my brewing, but still, im the best in town cause im the only one here who's did it!

3 weeks? Well I guess you were just following the recipe, but you should let it age a little before you just judge it like that, I'd say 3 monts is a good wait to develop flavor, but you could wait more for possibly better beer.
Quote by the_strikes
3 weeks? Well I guess you were just following the recipe, but you should let it age a little before you just judge it like that, I'd say 3 monts is a good wait to develop flavor, but you could wait more for possibly better beer.

So for ale brewing, I could add in some super yeast and once the fermenting's done I could leave it to settle for a month?
Quote by Preid
So for ale brewing, I could add in some super yeast and once the fermenting's done I could leave it to settle for a month?

Yes, but alcoholic drinks, when they "age" they gain flavors they otherwise couldn't, I don't why but it happens.
me and my dad make beer sometimes. In one batch we added a whole bunch more sugar than your supposed to and the beer turned out great aha. If you drank 3 bottles u could barely stand.

sugar is what determines the alcohol percentage by the way
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
Quote by deadmansdiary
me and my dad make beer sometimes. In one batch we added a whole bunch more sugar than your supposed to and the beer turned out great aha. If you drank 3 bottles u could barely stand.

sugar is what determines the alcohol percentage by the way

Well that's cause the yeast eats the sugar and produces more alcohol, but it probably wasn't above 20%, because beer yeast can't go that high, it varies from different beer yeasts to others, but most can't even go above 12%.
Quote by the_strikes
Well that's cause the yeast eats the sugar and produces more alcohol, but it probably wasn't above 20%, because beer yeast can't go that high, it varies from different beer yeasts to others, but most can't even go above 12%.

oh id say this was about as high as it could get, we had a batch blow up before we figured out the right amount.

EDIT: I dunno my dad brews alot of ****ed up beer. He's from newfoundland and his dad used to have kegs of it down in the basement all the time.
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
Wait... Blow up? Wtf?

I had the lid on the bin pop off slightly, nothing like bins acting like claymores. Disturb them and BOOM!
Quote by Preid
Wait... Blow up? Wtf?

I had the lid on the bin pop off slightly, nothing like bins acting like claymores. Disturb them and BOOM!

I don't know how that happens but I've heard of it before.
yea i forget how he explained it... basically once the beer was brewed he added more sugar to try to increase the alcohol content even more and the yeast and sugar and alcohol had some sort of chemical reaction making some kind of gas that was trapped in the bucket.
Quote by Shib
leme just clear up the blindness...

When making moonshine there is alcohal and mythonal... mythonal will cause blindness and 100ml of it pure will probably kill you... it comes from moonshine but it you make it correctly (wasting the "head" and the "tail") then you should be free of mythonal.. so you can't really go blind, its mostly fokeloar.

Thank you for that, I wasn't sure but know I know
I have a bunch of brewing guides and I was gonna go buy all the materials needed from a local home brew store to try it out. But alas I spend all my money on beer hahaha so I never have enough.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by Shib
leme just clear up the blindness...

When making moonshine there is alcohal and mythonal... mythonal will cause blindness and 100ml of it pure will probably kill you... it comes from moonshine but it you make it correctly (wasting the "head" and the "tail") then you should be free of mythonal.. so you can't really go blind, its mostly fokeloar.

Cant you tell its good moonshine if it burns blue and bad if it burns red or something. Thats what my dad told me a long time ago.