Well, just started a Psychadelic Blues band, found all the members.

The Singer's not bad, he's just sort of a Matt Bellamy wannabe, which really doesn't fit in. And I can't be with him for more than an hour or so. But it's so hard to find decent singers, and I need to be certain. We tried writing some lyrics, turned outok, couldn't get decent riffs ro anything pinned so he's insists on using powerchrods and breaks for vocals. We try it, we finsih and he tells me taht's basically it. We're still waiting on the Drummer's basement/garage getting finsihed and the bassist on borrowing a bigger amp.

Should I try find another singer or just try change him?
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
pffftf singers are such bellends.... stay with him til you find a new one or you'll regret it
hmmm.... i have no idea what to put here...
I hate when they do this.

I've told him what he needs to do, need to wait until next practise to see if he takes any of it to heart.
Gear

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Eddie616
pffftf singers are such bellends.... stay with him til you find a new one or you'll regret it

hey! as a singer i take that as an offense! just because he has a style that he enjoys doesn't mean anything.

ok so u have 3 options..
1) you can try and get him to play in your style, (personally this is not a good idea. when he sings it will sound forced and stale and he will suck.)
2) merge your tastes to try to create a unique sound (to me this is the best of the three ideas, as if you get a good enough sound, you will stand out from other bands)
3) fire him and find someone else.
Who decided that pie would be sold on Tuesday but not Wednesday?
Personally I'd ditch him. He sounds like a bit of a primadonna, plus the fact that he's a wannabe of Matt Bellamy means he is probably a poor singer (not that Bellamy is, but wannabes generally suck). Try find a singer with their own style.
I am, damnit.

I'm too friggin' needy. I asked him because he sang in front of an audience, that's basically it.

I mean, The band is going to be incredibly unique as it is. I listen to Zeppelin, Pink Floyd. Sabbath, and then bands like Descendents, The Dickies, and then bands like TFOT and Every Time I Die. The Bassist loves grunge and the drummer listens to EVERYTHING.

I'm tempted to fire the singer and just have a instrumental or something. Unless I find someone who has the right attitude. Like, not exactly a perfect singer, just somenoe who's got balls and a good stage presence.

Any more ideas?
Gear

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
You see, he's a decent singer, which is hard to find.

Personally, I haven't got a clue what to do.
Gear

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by MoonageDaydream
You see, he's a decent singer, which is hard to find.

Personally, I haven't got a clue what to do.

So it's not his ability, but his style that is the problem?
It's at this point that it's useful to recognise that one person's style can never be classed as inferior or superior to another person's style, they are just different preferences.
Try combining your styles to create a new style, one that you can both appreciate.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Aug 21, 2008,
In my band our singer is a bit like this and so are most singers. You see to be a singer you need to have a good ego however most singer egos make them take a lot of the creative control in the band and if everyone else like something but he/she does not then they'll say stuff like I'm not singing over that because i don't "feel it". The only way to counter this is have an instrumentalist/singer as instrumentalists usually transfer their egos through music, unfortunately our singer just sings but luckily are bassist is an amateur body builder who scares are singer ****less. So either you or your fellow band mates take up singing or just beat the crap out of your singer.