completely pissed me off.

What is it with people hating U2, and whenever there is a news headline with something to do with U2, loads of people comment saying how much of a prick Bono is?

Then the moderator says checked and does nothing about it.

Yet theres been loads of times when people slag off My ****ty Romance and green day and they get the comment deleted.

I mean, fair enough if you dont like U2 you dont like U2... I don't want to force you to like them...

But people who say Bono is up his own arse... what are you basing that assumption on? You've probably never met the bloke.

And he'd done more for this world than any of you guys reading this has... unless your like, jesus or Ghandi...

in which case i appologise.
Gear:

Mesa/boogie dual rectifier
Fender Telecaster USA
Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Sheraton
Jackson KE3 Kelly Pro
Boss Super Chorus
Boss Super Overdrive
MXR Carbon Copy
Morley Pro Series Wah/Volume/Distortion
t.bone wireless system.
Quote by tilinmyowngrave

And he'd done more for this world than any of you guys reading this has... unless your like, jesus or Ghandi...

in which case i appologise.

Apology accepted.

Seriously though, I don't care for U2's music but I admire the man for trying to get something done about poverty.
A wise man here once said: opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one, and every one stinks.

Really, ranting about it in a thread won't change people's views, whether they are just silly childish ramblings, or whether they have a well founded reason for disliking Bono. Eh. /shrug

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Your a prick for not having a reason to call him a prick
Gear:

Mesa/boogie dual rectifier
Fender Telecaster USA
Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Sheraton
Jackson KE3 Kelly Pro
Boss Super Chorus
Boss Super Overdrive
MXR Carbon Copy
Morley Pro Series Wah/Volume/Distortion
t.bone wireless system.
You don't want us to insult U2, yet its okay for you to insult My Chemical Romance in your rant.

I don't mind U2, some people do, so what.
I could take Bono in a fight
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Personally, I don't know Bono. I do however hate the fact that he tells me to give money away to help fight poverty, when I am several grand in debt and he spends the same amount flying his favourite hat on a commercial jet halfway accross the world. I think things like this might be why people put comments saying "Bono is a Prick" on the net.

And as for why they don't get taken down, maybe its because U2 are such a big, well known band, that everyone knows that comments like this won't do them any harm? I'm not saying Greenday and My Chemical Romance aren't succesful, but yanno...
I've met Bono in a pub once and he's alright, but he's an awful eejit really and says some pretty stupid things.
Personally I can't stand U2. Musically, I find them dull and repetitive.
As for the whole 'Bono saves the world thing', well, let him and Geldof keep at it; doesn't make a difference to me and it hopefully benefits some poor people.
Quote by Emenius Sleepus
A wise man here once said: opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one, and every one stinks.

Really, ranting about it in a thread won't change people's views, whether they are just silly childish ramblings, or whether they have a well founded reason for disliking Bono. Eh. /shrug

lol I agree.
As a matter of fact, I actually am Jesus. So stfu.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
checked.

generally, people tend to agree that Bono is a wee bit full of himself. now, that isn't justification for people calling him a prick, but if the article has something to do with him being full of himself (eg: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/u2s_bono_the_edge_is_most_influential_guitarist_since_jimmy_page.html or http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/petition_asks_bono_to_retire.html) people making statements that relate to his ego do not qualify as spam and therefore are not deleted. i someone says something that is clearly spam (eg: "BONO SUCKS. U2 SUCKS. I HOPE THEY DIE.") that comment would be deleted and the poster would presumably be warned for it. did that clear anything up?