New Amp Day!!!

So, today I went looking for a new amp for bass and came home really happy. My Behringer BXL450 wasn't cutting it, as I only planned to use it for a couple months, but have had it for over a year and a half now.

So, I went to Sam Ash and wanted something that would keep up with my band at a reasonable price (bass isn't my main instrument).

All the Hartke's were being sold at cost, because they had a new shipment of newer models coming in. I decided on the HA2500 and a Hartke 4x10 cab as well.

I'm really happy with it, it's a big upgrade from my old amp. . I was just spreading my joy and wondering what you guys thought of it? I don't have much of a idea for bass tone.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
CONGRATS!!!!! I havent celebrated a new amp day in... well, never but your new hartke is definitly a big upgrade and if I may ask how much dld the cab and head cost?
Starting bass or just looking for a new one? Here's a suggestion: Go to your local music store and try some out.
Quote by East_Coast_Sink
CONGRATS!!!!! I havent celebrated a new amp day in... well, never but your new hartke is definitly a big upgrade and if I may ask how much dld the cab and head cost?

It was $500 all together.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Very nice!
What's the wattage?
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Quote by Victory2134
Very nice!
What's the wattage?

250 watts. If you guys want I can take pics. I wouldn't call it sexy, but it's pretty clean looking.

Can anyone suggest some settings. Right now I have the EQ in a smiley face.
Quote by doggy_hat
Congrats on the Cab, I hate hartke heads tho, no matter what you do they have a high end sound that you can't get rid of. Hope it works out for you tho, great buy at 500 too.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Quote by doggy_hat
hope you enjoy that rig. i'm getting it's bigger brother the HA5500, when i have some money. the hartke ha series are criminally overlooked they are fantastic amps, versatile, reliable and damn loud. even stu hamm uses one and his tone is orgasmic
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0
hope you enjoy that rig. i'm getting it's bigger brother the HA5500, when i have some money. the hartke ha series are criminally overlooked they are fantastic amps, versatile, reliable and damn loud. even stu hamm uses one and his tone is orgasmic

It seems like it was a steal to me.
Quote by doggy_hat
I've got a HA5500 and love it, those are terribly underrated heads.

I use all tube pre-amp, no SS, bass at 3 and treble at 10, and a little bit of compression.

The Fitz has a blog on using EQ I would suggest you read. he explains how each frequency effects the sound and you can really do a lot with it. Mine is kind of everywhere.

Quote by BlueShox
I've got a HA5500 and love it, those are terribly underrated heads.

I use all tube pre-amp, no SS, bass at 3 and treble at 10, and a little bit of compression.

The Fitz has a blog on using EQ I would suggest you read. he explains how each frequency effects the sound and you can really do a lot with it. Mine is kind of everywhere.

I was actually planning on reading his blog tomorrow and really working with it. I picked up a new guitar today as well, so I've been busy playing that.
Quote by doggy_hat