How the **** do I tell reaper to use my ****ty mic to record instead of the one inside the computer???

this is basicallymy mic, i plus it into the headphone slot labeled with a mic on the computer...

Support new music, listen to my Prog Metal Band:
Open Wide, The Sky

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR White

Peavey 6505+ /w Mesa-Boogie Rectifier 2x12 Cab
go into the preferences and find teh input/output section where you should be able to set it to your external mic.

Reaper may also be picky and not want to work with lower end mics, although I've never come across this...

You will also want to go into your control panel and see which is getting the input.
Sometimes you will have to turn the mic volume up and un-mute it as well.
You will also want to go into your control panel and see which is getting the input. Sometimes you will have to turn the mic volume up and un-mute it as well.

I think this might be the prob but i cant figure out how to do it. Im on vista btw if the helps. Can you explain this further?
Support new music, listen to my Prog Metal Band:
Open Wide, The Sky

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR White

Peavey 6505+ /w Mesa-Boogie Rectifier 2x12 Cab
start/"orb" - "Control panel" (switch to "classic view") - "Sound" - "Recording" tab

see which devices are there. on my vista laptop theres the line in and mic but the mic is the on board for my computer. You may see another mic there and if you talk into it you will see the meter jump with green.
Right click that new mic and select it as default.

go into Reaper and select that same mic as your input source.