well i am just curios, when ever i adjust the neck of a guitar, its really easy, i have tried this in tons of guitars casue i do set ups for my friends, they claim my set ups are quite good + they are free
but i cant never set up my own bass, is it supposed to be harder to tight the truss rod in a bass than in a guitar?, i guess its because of string tension, or is it because there is something wrong with my bass(if anyone remeber my threads on my truss rod dilema thats already solved), but still i want to have an almost straight neck. i have too much relief now but adjust becomes kind of harder every 1/8 of turn
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Well, you shouldn't have any string tension on the neck when you adjust the truss rod... Just so you know.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by Nutter_101
Well, you shouldn't have any string tension on the neck when you adjust the truss rod... Just so you know.

thats other thin i am curios. many experts say is better adjust while tuned to pitch, while other claim this is not good
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Quote by litus
thats other thin i am curios. many experts say is better adjust while tuned to pitch, while other claim this is not good

I've always thought it was bad to adjust the truss rod with strings on.
But this could be partly because it's near impossible to adjust the truss rod with strings on my bass.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Quote by Victory2134
I've always thought it was bad to adjust the truss rod with strings on.
But this could be partly because it's near impossible to adjust the truss rod with strings on my bass.

exactly, adjust my bass with strings on is really hard, is it supposed to be like that?thats the reason to adjust with the strings detuned?, more info please
My Gear

fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Quote by Nutter_101

The guy at Guitar Center adjusted the truss rod with the strings still on... what's wrong with that?
Quote by margeramann
The guy at Guitar Center adjusted the truss rod with the strings still on... what's wrong with that?

Well, I'm not saying take the strings off, just loosen them up a bit.

After reading a few sources, some say leave it at concert pitch and do it in playing position, others say loosen off the strings.

Basically, loosening off the strings allows you to adjust the neck easily and get it to the right position with ease. However, it has it's problems. It does make it easy to adjust the rod though.
In the bass chat:

And now on BANDCAMP!

Quote by Nutter_101
Well, I'm not saying take the strings off, just loosen them up a bit.

After reading a few sources, some say leave it at concert pitch and do it in playing position, others say loosen off the strings.

Basically, loosening off the strings allows you to adjust the neck easily and get it to the right position with ease. However, it has it's problems. It does make it easy to adjust the rod though.

what problems?

also i havent read the answer for my original question, is bass supposed to be much harder to adjust?

PS sorry if i dont sound polite or good at english but i need some practice with my english
My Gear

fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
I don't think it's physically more difficult to adjust the truss, I do think setting up a good feel and good action on a bass is more difficult. Of course that might just be because I'm not a very good guitar player, so I'm not so discriminating about the feel of a six string.
to be honest its really hard to adjust, compared to any guitar, wich are quite easy but my bass is harder than any guitar
My Gear

fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
I would say yes. If the bass isn't well set up in the first place, adjusting the truss rod will take more effort, as there is more tension placed onto it by the greater mass of the strings.

However, it should not be impossible to change if it's well set up.
In the bass chat:

And now on BANDCAMP!

definitely adjust the rod with tension on. i worked for a luthier and he showed me how to do that kinda stuff. You also gotta flex the neck after you turn the rod