I'm having an end-of-summer COD4/Super Smash Bros/Halo 3 party tomorrow, and I'm thinking about using my iTunes gift card (it's about time) to download a CD, or possibly make a mix, for everyone to listen to. I was thinking either Aphex Twin, or a mix of technical death, progressive, and power metal songs, which would also include Aphex Twin. I'm going to take this, and some other music that I already have, and make an epic playlist for us to listen to whilst pwning each other.

I haven't narrowed down songs yet, but so far for bands, I think I have...

Necrophagist
Dream Theater
Squarepusher
Ensiferum
Sonata Arctica
Dragonforce
Nile
Tool
Primus
Keep of Kalessin
Amon Amarth
Wintersun
Alestorm
Arsis
Between the Buried and Me
Catamenia
Genghis Tron
Canvas Solaris
Liquid Tension Experiment
Mr. Bungle
Symphony X

I'm also considering including Weather Report. That may not seem like the best gaming music but instrumental stuff like that really helps me focus.

I was thinking about maybe downloading Cryptopsy, Aeon Spark, Gorguts, Aphex Twin, Blackfield, or something with Ron Jarzombek. Any suggestions?

EDIT: Btw, the iTunes gift card is for $15.
Moar black metal. You should throw Transilvanian Hunger in there.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by CTFOD
Moar black metal. You should throw Transilvanian Hunger in there.

is that a band or a song?
Quote by FloydPink92
Throw in some Muse.

I hate Muse.

Or at least the song or two I've heard. It's been a while, so I guess I could give them another chance.
Quote by frottage
I'm having an end-of-summer COD4/Super Smash Bros/Halo 3 party tomorrow

a gaming party?
Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Tokai LC53 Les Paul Custom
Tokai ALS48 Love Rock Les Paul Standard
Marshall DSL-50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
you could....use the sounds the game has, since its a party concentrating wouldnt be neccesary because its a PARTY and no tournament.
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
Sky Eats Airplane
Dimmu Borgir
The Devil Wears Prada
In Flames
Enter Shikari
Mudvayne
Tokio Hotel
Static-X
Strapping Young Ride
Dying Fetus
Gallhammer

Quote by Johnny Trash
a gaming party?

Yessir, I have one every two or three months. I have like six of my friends come, and we set up two or three TVs and play Super Smash Bros, COD4, and Halo 3. My mom's cool with it, and as long as everyone brings a 2-liter, she buys a ton of food. So we just sit around, listen to metal, and play games for about ten hours, sleep for a little bit, then wake up and start playing again. It's epic.
Quote by Royal Celebi
Sky Eats Airplane
Dimmu Borgir
The Devil Wears Prada
In Flames
Enter Shikari
Mudvayne
Tokio Hotel
Static-X
Strapping Young Ride
Dying Fetus
Gallhammer

Thanks; I already have TDWP, but I forgot about them.
Chevelle owns for playing h3. But h3 sucks unless you're playing mlg anyways, so it doesn't really matter.
Quote by frottage
Yessir, I have one every two or three months. I have like six of my friends come, and we set up two or three TVs and play Super Smash Bros, COD4, and Halo 3. My mom's cool with it, and as long as everyone brings a 2-liter, she buys a ton of food. So we just sit around, listen to metal, and play games for about ten hours, sleep for a little bit, then wake up and start playing again. It's epic.

Is that cool? No.

Is that ****ing awesome and I ought to do that? Hell yes.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
This may be the lamest thing I have heard about in a looong time.

agreed.
I haven't done it often but enough to tell you that there is no kind of metal that can possibly help you play better. If you are adamant about Aphex Twin I say go for that and Evol Intent... you cannot go wrong
Studies have shown that 92% of guitar players are close-minded. Copy this into your signature if you're part of the 8% who enjoy rap.
at the gates
meshuggah
celtic frost
circle jerks
cypress hill
dark angel
D.R.I.
Kalmah
megadeth
municipal waste
sepultura
Weezer
Leftover Crack
Sodom
just throwing a little bit of variety in there
Dick+strings= owww
Quote by frottage

Whoa, your mom is cool with you having friends over to play video games eh?
That women is practically raising another spawn of satan.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
...But then again over half of the bands you wanted to use make me completely agree with

Quote by Diet_coke_head
lamest thing I have heard about in a looong time

so have fun with your party, just at least listen to something good
Studies have shown that 92% of guitar players are close-minded. Copy this into your signature if you're part of the 8% who enjoy rap.
Quote by frottage

Fair doos i say. I mean, it's not my type of thing but I guess its original
Super Smash Bros before hoes

EDIT: 10 hours of gaming?
Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Tokai LC53 Les Paul Custom
Tokai ALS48 Love Rock Les Paul Standard
Marshall DSL-50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
U need more Rage, its good for shooters.
Good music should make you wanna get up and dance. Great music should set fire to cop cars and destroy dumpsters. I'm only interested in Great Music.
-Tom Morello