someone is selling a taylor 414 for around 775...it says mint condition. its not the one with electronics or cutaway...is it worth it, or is it too much for a used taylor?
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
hhmm, well, if it sounds good then probly, you can just buy a quality acoustic pickup for it if you need it later and still have a quality guitar. and i've noticed that imo deadnaughts sound better than cutaway's so idk.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
Too bad you can't play it. I am always skeptical about buying an instrument online without handling it myself. Taylors are great guitars if you know how they sound. The price sounds good considering that model sells new for about 1,000 dollars more. Maybe you should see if you could return the guitar if you're not happy with it.
well actually its on craigslist, but I cant go to where they are selling it...but my dad might be able to get there. problem is that I wont be able to play it...I think I'm not going to get it.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
DO IT

I got my 314 for $1600 new. They sound absolutely amazing. I tried out the 414, and it sounds even better and looks better, especially with the binding around the fretboard. If I had more money, I would have bought the 414. Taylors are amazing guitars.

also, some people prefer installing their own pickups/electronics rather than having stock ones. So you can easily install electronics into it.
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
Orange PPC212 w/ Celestion V30 and Celestion G12-75
i played one of those today and it was awesome...if i were more into acoustic id prob invest
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Quote by Retribution
This seems like it's too good to be true...

yeah thats what Im thinking too...the guy didnt leave a phone number, so I emailed him asking him some stuff. he hasnt answered yet.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
He probably sold it by now then.

Also you should definitely play any guitar before buying it. The shop i bought my acoustic at had two of the same models and i choose the one that sounded brighter to me. shows that even two of the same models sound completely different.
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
Too bad you can't play it. I am always skeptical about buying an instrument online without handling it myself.

Agreed. I'm very very skeptical about buying guitars online. Each guitar is so unique... I don't think i could do it. I've definitely hated two guitars of the same model and make before.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by fifer
is it worth it, or is it too much for a used taylor?

That model seems to be discontinued but on harmony central reviews people have paid around $1100 for it new and $850 used so no that's not too much for a used Taylor.

What pisses me off about Taylor is that they put those electronics in pretty much every guitar and that bumps up the price by at least $400-500. I'm looking for a new acoustic in the +1000€ range and most Taylors are too expensive because of the pickup system.

Like for example the 310 L-30 that's on sale at musik schmidt goes for 999€, it has cool inlays and a koa rosette (look here) but when you slap on the electronics the price jumps all the way up to 1639€.

By the way here's a nice tonewood demo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUSEJR6wG74

EDIT: Forget what I said. I totally forgot about the GS, GA, GC and DN series.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
Last edited by Chips- at Aug 21, 2008,