Has anyone hear listened to David Byrne and Brian Eno's new track "Strange Overtones" off their new album "Everything That Happens Will Happen Today"? It's for free download on their website. It's really good, I'd say. Just thought I'd share with all of you. I'd give it a listen, it's quite good.

The song to my knowledge uses three chords, C#, G# and F#, played in the 2nd position with your thumd muting the low E-string. For example: the C#-chord is played basically by your ring finger or pinkie, only playing the D, G and B-strings. The F# is played alternally in 2nd position and 3rd position (using only the G, B and E strings, 6-7-6) I play it this way - rather than using my index finger to bar all strings.

I hope this makes sense and maybe someone somewhere has figured a better way to play it.
I'm positive this is it for anyone who still needs it. Not hard at all.

4 chords the whole song. C# Major, C# Major 7th, G# Major, F# Major.

Tabbed out versions of chords starting from high E string.
F# Major: 2-2-3-4-4-2
G# Major: 4-4-5-6-6-4
C# Major: 4-6-6-6-4
C# Major 7th: 4-6-5-6-4 (the 5th fret on the G string is a C so you can also play 4-6-5-6-3 to make it EXTRA 7th haha)

every section, including the beginning starts out with a fast chord walk down but if you're used to barre chords it's not hard. C#, G#, F#. Then just jam out on F# like David Byrne does. I'll go over how long (it's awkward at first) later. Then C# after jamming on F# for a long time. (He likes to strum 8th or 16th notes with a muted F# in the beginning so the rest of the song sounds bigger, up to you though). Then right after C# go to C#7th, then G#, you can play a G7th for suspense but he doesn't. 4-4-5-4-6-4 is the optional G#7th. Then right before going back to F# for a new section, do the typical walk down of C#, G#, F#. That's it! The whole song is one progression, chorus and verses. Now for how long you hold the F#. It's easier to hear in the chorus because of the vocal melody so I'll map out a few verses and a chorus to give you an idea.
Walk Down C#, G#, F#

F#
I wake up every morning
F#
I hear your feet on the stairs
F# C# C#7th
You’re in the next apartment
C#7th G# C# G# F#
I hear you singing over there

F#
This groove is out of fashion
F#
These beats are 20 years old
F# C# C#7th
I saw you lend a hand to
C#7th G# C# G# F#
The ones out standing in the cold

F#
Strange Overtones in the music you are playing
F# C#
I’ll harmonize
C#7th
It is strong and you are tough
G# C# G# F#
But a heart is not enough

That's the jist of it. If you notice anything wrong let me know. Sorry it took me over a year to answer. hope it still helps.
PS it didn't post the spaces I put in between chords so you're gonna have to figure that out yourself but it's not hard!
^^^

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This was a rare find . . . thanks for posting. I think I hear a different chord being played for the F# though:
EBDGAE
66689x