I want to get a new neck for my Schecter Omen 6 that I'm basically re-everything-ing because the present one doesn't sound good or play very well IMO. The guitar has the same neck pocket specs as most strats. I'd like a strat style or "shred" style neck made preferably out of maple. If I find a neck that fits the dimensions of the pocket on the guitar will it work? I'm a newb when it comes to stuff like this.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

if the dimensions are the same as your pocket, the yea, duh it will fit.

Try dressing your frets though, because that gives the neck a totally fresh feel. all you need is a file, sand paper and steel wool
If Rock is a lifestyle, then Metal's an addiction

"People don't kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
I wouldnt give a ****, i would gladly play music for people to steal it!
Make sure the necks are the same scale. Just because the heel dimensions are the same doesn't mean the scale length is.
How do I check the scale length?
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Quote by VoodooCow229
How do I check the scale length?

The scale length of a guitar is the distance from the nut to the bridge and the 12th fret is the halfway point.
Measure from the nut to the 12th fret and double that number.
For instance Fender necks have a 25.5" scale length so the distance from the nut to the 12th fret is 12.75".
hope this helps.
I would buy a neck with a blank heel, ie one you have to sand by hand until it perfectly fits the pocket.