Okay. So today, while sitting in my first Psychology class of the year, a kid walked in to speak with the teacher. The kid(I've known him since last year) had been diagnosed with Tourette Syndrome a few years back. He has a very noticeable stutter, and he has this tic where he jerks his head around(I don't know if it has a proper name). Now as soon as the class notices said tic, they burst out into laughter. And they don't stop for a good minute. The kid runs out of the room, embarrassed.

Why would people laugh at someone like that?
I mean, really?

Discuss this, or other instances similar to this.

-Adam
Here's my Youtube channel.
I play guitar and video games on it.
You're more than welcome to check it out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Born_to_shred : Next week or so
I know a girl with Tourettes. I don't think I've ever seen anybody laught to her face about it, but I've heard some snide comments.
And they wonder why there are school shootings...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
people are dickweeds. when i was at the airport, everyone stared at my sister when they passed by (she is mentally handicapped), and it really pissed me off. i cannot stand people like that.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

I have a friend who works at the local movie theatre and he has a really bad speech impetement, but he is one of the smartest people I know. I hate it when people say that he must be mental or something, because he's not. I was about ready to punch someone in the face for saying that.
Wow, I was hoping I'd get a chance to say something sarcastic, but that is really ****ed up.
Because they are so funny.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Because kids and teenagers are cruel. Most adults who were pricks realise it when they're older. Considering that I regret the majority of what i do now, i should probably stop being such a shit...
I feel sorry for people who are the victims of laughing/ridiculing/making fun of just because they have differences.

It's horrible.
I had a similar situation, a month ago, walking home from summerschool, I overheard a conversation and she said this: "oh my god the funniest thing happened today, -name here- fell down and had a seizure!"

I wanted to bitch slap her so hard, put her into a horible seizure, and see if she was still laughing.
Quote by Le_Bunny
Money doesn't fuel good music. Passion does.

Last edited by (Metal)lica at Aug 20, 2008,
Dude Adam that sucks. Who is it? Anyone I know?

I would get used to it, Mrs. Frankenberry's classes are full of ash*les. Some people just need to grow up.
Quote by Old Vendetta\m/
hey, my names adam too.

but on topic, yea thats pretty ****ed up.

+1 to both.
Some people don't know the effects of their actions and are often very stubborn to admitting to when they have hurt someone.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by jwizzle5786

I doubt it.

Quote by CaptainRon
+1 to both.

Another Adam?
Here's my Youtube channel.
I play guitar and video games on it.
You're more than welcome to check it out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Born_to_shred : Next week or so
Quote by vintage x metal
Some people don't know the effects of their actions and are often very stubborn to admitting to when they have hurt someone.

He walked out of class in embarrassment. Let's not blame every mistake people make on ignorance, it's a ****ing lame excuse now.
My name's Adam too!!

Nah jokes, but yeah that's really sad, some people with disabilities etc are the nicest people I know.. Yet people make fun of em..
I think its time to pack your things lets go,
To a place where we both know,
And dont worry, I'll drive real slow,
Spend some time before we go..
Well, it sounds harsh but. If you've never seen someone with terrets before, and they start to have a spell. You can't help but crack up just a lil. Normally instinct kicks in and you think of he can't help it, and you stop.. But if you don't.. you're more than likely a jackass... Poor guy
one of my good friends has tourettes, i don't think he has that bad of a case of it. i mean, we occassionally joke around about it, but we never get into anything serious. but he is cool about (i mean, his Gamertag is ragingrettes :pit but if anybody ****s around with him because of his disability, they're going to getting a can-o whoop ass.
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
Quote by -krojbjork-
He walked out of class in embarrassment. Let's not blame every mistake people make on ignorance, it's a ****ing lame excuse now.

Nah, it's not an acceptable excuse either; I don't know why a lot of people can't empathize or don't give a **** if they do empathize. It's just more of the former than the latter.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by blue_strat

Haha, I remeber being on the bus one day and this kid in the back yelled at everyone to go home and go to youtube and type in "RETARDED MOSH PIT"

I was laughing the whole way home just from thoughts of what this video might be.
Fender Deluxe Roadhouse (MIM)
Vox AC15C1
My best friend has tourettes syndrome. She's got tics like that too and she's extremely self concsious about them. I think most people don't realize how embarrassed people are about these kinds of things, lots probably don't even realize that people with tourettes have no control over these tics whatsoever. People are real assholes too.
well obviously he has tourette syndrome
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP ltd FX-400
Epiphone les paul jr.

Amps:
Line 6 spider II combo 30 watt
Krank Rev. Jr. full stack tube.
Quote by blue_strat

thank you for demonstrating everything me and probably TS hate, congratulations twat
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
And you were in psychology class? Thats ironic.

Either way, they are huge dicks.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by Platodium

thats an actor, and ive seen a tourettes episode and trust me it is nothing like that, its more scary than it is funny which is why i think those people are total dickheads for laughing
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
4)??????
also this guys tick is that his head jerks around, he doesnt swear or say stuff thats funny by accident or anything, thats what makes it horrible, there is no reason to laugh at something like that. the thing to do when you see a tourretes person swearing like that is to ****ing control yourself dammit, because laughing can seriously hurt someone like that
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
It's pretty pathetic when people make fun of or bully people in general so... yeah.

They should've been withdrawn for generating noise.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by jwizzle5786

I would get used to it, Mrs. Frankenberry's classes are full of ash*les. Some people just need to grow up.

That really does suck though people are asshole when it comes to stuff like that.