I might be getting one of the hybrid Peavey Vypyrs, and it has a 6L6 in it. Now im wondering what brand it will be, and if it is something like Sovtek, would it be beneficial to swap it out with something better?? would it even make a difference?

edit: and does it matter what kinda tubes are used since it is hybrid??
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
it will likely be a cheap chinese tube.
since it is in the power sectiion, (assuming it does actully work like a real tube power amp) it does matter what type of tube and a higher quality tube should sound better. Lots better.... im not sure.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Power tubes play a pretty big part in the sound, whether or not they are overdriving. I can only imagine the amp sounding better with better tubes.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
not to be a jerk here or anything but there is a thread about two threads down, completely dedicated to these things. just givin' you the heads up man.
so Hybrid amps use the same tubes as other amps?

what would the difference be with a JJ vs. the stock tube?
edit: ^ yeah i know, but my question isnt directly about the Vypyr. its about swapping power tubes
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
The difference wouldn't be huge, just a slight shift in the tone and probably some different characteristics when overdriven. Probably clearer sounding and such. Try and see, tubes aren't that expensive.

I use JJ el84s in my f30 and they are pretty nice. They weren't really a huge upgrade from the mesas that were in it, but they didn't sound worse.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
my guess is you will get a slightly darker tone, and perhaps less handling noise with JJs.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.