Ive been practicing Tell me baby by RHCP and Ive got the chorus down pretty well but am having trouble with the verse. I can play all the notes I just cant find the rhythm or get a feel for it. When I play it with the recording it sounds somewhat alright but when I play it by myself it sounds like nothing. Any tips on playing the verse would be very appreciated.
Starting bass or just looking for a new one? Here's a suggestion: Go to your local music store and try some out.
What I would do is download powertab or tuxguitar and play with the powertab or guitar pro file. Then mute everything but the bassline, and then play with the bassline muted. Often you'll find that the basslines sound different when you aren't supporting anything, which may be what the problem is in this case.
Thanks, thats a great idea. (cant believe I didnt think of that)
Starting bass or just looking for a new one? Here's a suggestion: Go to your local music store and try some out.
The trick for me is to use my thumb (on my fretting hand) in order to do the mutes in the verse and just press down when you slap the 5th fret of the E string. I don't know if I explained that very well but I tried!