(please say this is the right place for this):
Sooooo
on alotta lessons about scales/theory/ & the such, they always refer to "once you know the chord progression you can..." but never give you any tips or hints on how to find it. SOOooo i was wondering if theres a way to find chord progressions of songs without knowing exactly how the song is played, seeing as that would kinda defeat the purpose of learning the progression, sorta. Like if knowing the key of the song before knowing the progression can get you there
if theres a way to find chord progressions of songs without knowing exactly how the song is played

A progression is a sequence of chords. You obviously need to know which chords are being played. You just need to analyze the song and figure out which chords they're using.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
yea guess just in the context of what i was referring to, everytime i read it like that it made me think i was missing out on one of the many music theory short cuts