I love Ibanez, I have one myself. That one looks really good, and it'd especially be good for me... I have tiny hands, haha. People are raving about the thin neck on the reviews.

Good luck

P.S. I'm a womanfolk! : )
sraeb

Quote by Trefellin
Show me your erection or gtfo... please.
that looks like an excellent choice. Ibanez products are very good. I just bought another Ibanez acoustic. True excellence!
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
you cant go wrong with ibanez basses
What doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger

Bass: Ibanez Gsr200
Bass amp: Ibanez sw100 stack

Guitar: squier starter pack

never buy a squier!
Quote by Captain Insano
Yeah, I'd say that's a good choice.

What are you sing for an amp?

Well until I can save enough money for a bass amp I'll have to use my Roland Cube 60. I might just save up more money so I can buy a bass amp and said bass around the same time.
Quote by Thebiz
Well until I can save enough money for a bass amp I'll have to use my Roland Cube 60. I might just save up more money so I can buy a bass amp and said bass around the same time.

Don't play a bass through a guitar amp,

also, with the first amp its gonna be a small practice amp probably so I would suggest a amp with a headphones jack to play without disturbing people and a line in/CD jack to play along with a CD.

Heres a good first amp, http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-MAX-158-Bass-Practice-Combo-104003454-i1145640.gc

Also, the GSR200 bass is a very good starter bass that is cheaper than the SRX so you can get both the amp and the bass at the same time.

Are you gonna play just hard rock/metal by the way?
I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come
Quote by 14shadesofblue
Don't play a bass through a guitar amp,

also, with the first amp its gonna be a small practice amp probably so I would suggest a amp with a headphones jack to play without disturbing people and a line in/CD jack to play along with a CD.

Heres a good first amp, http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-MAX-158-Bass-Practice-Combo-104003454-i1145640.gc

Also, the GSR200 bass is a very good starter bass that is cheaper than the SRX so you can get both the amp and the bass at the same time.

Are you gonna play just hard rock/metal by the way?

I play guitar already, and I play a little bit of everything, but those two would be my main focuses.
Here's the package that I just received yesterday.

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-IBA-IJXB190-LIST

Personally I like American Musical Supply because they have a deal where you can spread your monthly payments out without having to file for financing. They shipped same day and it arrived in 2 days with Ground shipping. So far I have no complaints with the guitar. Everything is working as expected. I don't know enough about guitars to say if it sounds good or not, atleast to me it does so...meh I would recommend a starter package because they come with everything that you need to start with. I also wouldn't recommend playing through a guitar amp. They aren't made to handle the bass frequencies. It might last for a little while but it will more than likely damage the amp.
Last edited by Edwards at Aug 21, 2008,