I just unsucessfully tried to install a pair of pickups in my semi hollow. Still works after its back together so its not all lost at least. The wiring is a total clusterfunk with sheathes over several wires in certain spots and basically id have to gut the whole thing and rewire it to make it happen. There is no acess from the back so im working through the F-hole and i began to feel over my head. I got quotes from different guitar stores ranging from $50 plus ten for coil tap on the humbucker in the bridge to $250 from the best guy in town that told me that he would only do it if he was rewiring the whole thing with new components. How much should it cost to have two new pups (one single coil one four connector bucker that i want a coil tap on) installed without drilling holes in my baby or going overboard on the price by replacing the works?
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
I just unsucessfully tried to install a pair of pickups in my semi hollow. Still works after its back together so its not all lost at least. The wiring is a total clusterfunk with sheathes over several wires in certain spots and basically id have to gut the whole thing and rewire it to make it happen. There is no acess from the back so im working through the F-hole and i began to feel over my head. I got quotes from different guitar stores ranging from $50 plus ten for coil tap on the humbucker in the bridge to $250 from the best guy in town that told me that he would only do it if he was rewiring the whole thing with new components. How much should it cost to have two new pups (one single coil one four connector bucker that i want a coil tap on) installed without drilling holes in my baby or going overboard on the price by replacing the works?

it wouldnt be your baby if you were gutting it.

but 250 aint bad.
Just cut the wires from the pots and wire the other pickup to those wires, if you need to get to the pots though, i don't know how.
If Rock is a lifestyle, then Metal's an addiction

"People don't kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
I wouldnt give a ****, i would gladly play music for people to steal it!
Quote by strat212
Just cut the wires from the pots and wire the other pickup to those wires, if you need to get to the pots though, i don't know how.

fingers through the f-hole my friend. and he can't just cut the wires and reconnect if he wants to install a coil tap.
250 is beyond ridiculous. I got my SG rewired for 20 dollars flat. But then again, the luthier didn't have to go through f-holes.
after some calling around i found a guy that will do it for 100 with hardware and no holes drilled. well worth not tiring out my leg kicking my own ass for possibly screwing up my axe or my hardware. thanks for saving me from the $250 guy fellas. now if only i could find a way to put one of the old humbuckers on my acoustic....