Okay, I got a Ball Python on July 13th of this year. I don't know exactly how old he is. The idiots at Petsmart had no idea. Anyways, I feed him on Sundays. Well, two Sundays ago, I noticed that his eyes were foggy and his belly had a pinkish color. I knew these were signs that he would shed soon. Also, he wouldn't eat. Well, it has been three days short of two weeks since I noticed this, and he still hasn't shed. Also, it has been almost three weeks since he has eaten. I tried to feed him last Sunday too and he didn't eat. I am starting to get very worried. Anyone got any advice?
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Everything sounds absolutely fine. It will be a few more days before he sheds. I have 34 ball pythons. I know what I'm talking about. You can start offering food again once he sheds.

Here's some pics of some of mine.

Last edited by JonLajoie at Aug 20, 2008,
Wow, 34? That's a lot. I just thought I read that the whole process only took 10 days total

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by Spartan070sarge
Wow, 34? That's a lot. I just thought I read that the whole process only took 10 days total

It is different for every snake. Some take longer than others.
Quote by Spartan070sarge
Okay, I got a Ball Python on July 13th of this year. I don't know exactly how old he is. The idiots at Petsmart had no idea. Anyways, I feed him on Sundays. Well, two Sundays ago, I noticed that his eyes were foggy and his belly had a pinkish color. I knew these were signs that he would shed soon. Also, he wouldn't eat. Well, it has been three days short of two weeks since I noticed this, and he still hasn't shed. Also, it has been almost three weeks since he has eaten. I tried to feed him last Sunday too and he didn't eat. I am starting to get very worried. Anyone got any advice?

Feeding them around every 2 weeks usually keeps them hungrier in my experience.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
Also, he is about 18 inches long. Can you give me your best guess as to how old he is? His documents say that the store received him on 5/29.

Quote by John Frusciante
Quote by Spartan070sarge
Also, he is about 18 inches long. Can you give me your best guess as to how old he is? His documents say that the store received him on 5/29.

Your ball is a few months old. I can guarantee you what he is, is what's called a "CH ball python" CH stands for "captive hatched" any ball you get from a pet store is. That means that his mother, was a wild ball python from Africa. Either she was captured, or her eggs were taken from her in the wild. They bring the eggs to large hatcheries in Africa, and then once they hatch out, they're transported all over the world. Your's is 100% a 2008 ball python, I suspect he was born in april, and then shipped over in early may.
Cool. I didn't know all the stuff about the hatcheries.

Quote by John Frusciante
Quote by Spartan070sarge
Cool. I didn't know all the stuff about the hatcheries.

Yep, if you know the right people you can get lots of CH ball pythons for cheap. This year I picked up 20 CH females for $500. You probably paid over $100 or close to it for just that one right?
I actually only paid $50, which I thought was a steal until now.

Quote by John Frusciante
my ball python got mean as hell, so i gave it away...

as to your questions... he answered them all ^
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
Quote by Spartan070sarge
I actually only paid $50, which I thought was a steal until now.

For a pet store, especially a petsmart, that IS a steal, for my very first pet ball python I paid $119.
Okay. Cool. I want to breed them when I get my own place, but I'm still in high school and I'm lucky my parents let me have one. lol. Its good to know all this stuff.

Quote by John Frusciante
Cool, thanks.

Quote by John Frusciante
MMh we just gave our ball python away.

Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
Quote by JonLajoie
For a pet store, especially a petsmart, that IS a steal, for my very first pet ball python I paid $119.

QFT. I work at a Petsmart and we charge $99 for a Ball Python.
And to the TS, most of the people at the Petsmart I work at are retarded. Idk much about the animals b/c I'm a cashier and pretty much always the only one scheduled so no time to learn about ****.