topic. mine was when i went into the source being the nerd that i am and saw a behringer v-tone pack. it was on sale for $100 so i bought it. i hate it. i don't still have it but i still hate it.
Quote by Foo'
BC Rich : I make noise, not music.

Quote by GreekRockr9
I played a Gibson SG once that was horrible. Most of them are awesome, but this one sucked! There were no strings on it, and it looked like the tuners had fallen off.
i got it for my 10th birhday end of story
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
my first guitar was an epiphone les paul, which i pushed my parents really hard to get, and they thought i was gunna end up not being serious about guitar playing, so they were ready to return it, but to their surprise, i am am still playing that guitar everyday (that was 2 years ago), IMO amazing guitar for the price.
"A musician should not be measured by the skill at which they perform, but the passion, and love for music with which they are playing."
Last edited by Scion at Aug 20, 2008,
true story..... I found my biological grandfathers electric guitar in my attic (he died right before i was born). It was pretty beaten up, so I decided I wanted to fix it. After I fixed it up, I decided I wanted to learn ONE song. I learned how to play it in a day and I became hooked.
my story is one that alot of GH haters will probally hate me for. i started my exploration into guitar with GH1, i played that constantly i played it everday afterschool and like 5 hours a day during the summer. then GH2 came out and i got good, it got to a point that my parents told me that i should just play real guitar since i was so good at guitar hero. well around my birthday i decided i wanted to learn guitar. i was looking though GC for a guitar i really like and i saw it. It was a B.C. Rich Dagger Semi-Hollow, it was elegantly black with the dagger holes on the left and right of the pickups. and i asked my parents for it. and i got it on my birthday. i played it for a little bit but i got engrossed in school and had to stop playing it. then during the end of summer i picked it up again went and learned a few songs i really like (intros mostly) and since last year have been in love with guitar playing. but i think i gave my self a rebirth in guitar playing when i found the guitar that fit my body build perfectly i found the Dean Razorback. i got it for my brithday and it has yet to leave my side and i mut say no other guitar feelw better in my hands than my razorback or an ML. thats the story of my first guitar and my True First guitar.

... i should write a book
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Quote by F8iscruel
my story is one that alot of GH haters will probally hate me for. i started my exploration into guitar with GH1, i played that constantly i played it everday afterschool and like 5 hours a day during the summer. then GH2 came out and i got good, it got to a point that my parents told me that i should just play real guitar since i was so good at guitar hero. well around my birthday i decided i wanted to learn guitar. i was looking though GC for a guitar i really like and i saw it. It was a B.C. Rich Dagger Semi-Hollow, it was elegantly black with the dagger holes on the left and right of the pickups. and i asked my parents for it. and i got it on my birthday. i played it for a little bit but i got engrossed in school and had to stop playing it. then during the end of summer i picked it up again went and learned a few songs i really like (intros mostly) and since last year have been in love with guitar playing. but i think i gave my self a rebirth in guitar playing when i found the guitar that fit my body build perfectly i found the Dean Razorback. i got it for my brithday and it has yet to leave my side and i mut say no other guitar feelw better in my hands than my razorback or an ML. thats the story of my first guitar and my True First guitar.

... i should write a book

dude

this is what all GH players need to do.
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Quote by sandman-105
dude

this is what all GH players need to do.

only the good ones
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Can anyone say 'squire strat pack'!?

I loved that guitar so much at the time
Gear:

Edwards Les Paul Custom
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Fender Stratocaster USA
Ibanez RG550DX

ENGL Fireball
Mesa 4x12 Cabinet
Squier

it's been almost 4 years..I know it has it's flaws, but i still love it and i wouldn't trade it for anithing in the world..
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

I was forced to play piano for a year before starting guitar.

My first guitar was a Hondo mini acoustic. My Grandpa bought it for me for $70. I picked it up at a local store when the year of Piano was done.

Needless to say, I don't play piano anymore.

I got an Ibanez Gio starter pack for Christmas that year.

Another 3 or 4 years down the line, I got my RG, then my Epiphone a month later.

And now, about 8 months after my Epiphone, I got my Explorer.

I have to say, in the past month... My RG has gotten the most playing time. This is why I plan on getting a nicer shred guitar soon.

I really wasn't progressing at all until about a year and a half ago. I never practiced when I was younger.
I was watching the TV show "Even Stevens" (used to be on Disney channel, with Shia LeBouf), and there was a dude on there who was playing a guitar. I thought he was really cool, so me and my dad went to the music store and got a 1/2 size acoustic for $40.

I started getting lessons and took them for about 3 years. During this time, I got a 3/4 acoustic and an Ibanez Gio pack. However, I rarely practiced and got bored with guitar, and I eventually quit.

3 or 4 years later, I started playing the trumpet in my high school's Beginner Band, which had both horns and electric guitars and basses. I saw the guitarists playing and some of them were really good. I thought they were really cool, and I decided that I wanted to learn guitar again. I started teaching myself, and this summer I started taking lessons again. I got a new amp and full size Acoustic in this time as well.
Saint Louis Blues
Last edited by The Picker at Aug 20, 2008,
First Act ME301 from KMart. Still have it, it's my only guitar. Have had it since I was around 13 ( turning 16 ) and I want to get a new one but not until I can prove to myself that I'm good enough and/or I get a job.
I found my moms old classical when I was 11ish... I took 3 lessons and stopped...

(The classical had a warped neck, faulty bridge and awful tuners)...

I started back up again a few years later and my parents then bought me a Greg Bennet "Barcelona" classical guitar...

It's still my only acoustic guitar, and it's great (Though hooking it up to an amp sounds very bad and overly trebley).
epiphone lp-100 from GC. Still have it but rarely play it, I keep it at my friends house.
08' Fender MiA Strat
Fender Blues Junior
I found an Ibanez Jem on the sidewalk. yep thats it.
To deny our own impulses, is to deny the very thing that makes us human.
i got an epiphone sg special as my first guitar. one of my friends came over to try it out, and at that time he had just gotten into some heavy drugs (coke) and his nose bled all over the guitar. i returned it to guitar center with, like a pint of blood all over it (it was red) and they took it no questions asked. this thing looked like a straight up murder weapon. i was stoked tho.
Quote by CBofJAWBREAK
no one beats the story of Dave Mustaine's first guitar

What is it?
Creator of the Llamastack

I was talking about starting up guitar to one of my ex's who's Dad owns a Hock Shop so she talked him into bringing me something from his shop.

I was damn surprised when he came back with a Gibson SG, even more surprised with the $250 price tag .
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112
i was set on buying an epi sg, but my dads friend was selling his ibanez SA and spider amp together for $300, which was too good to pass up. its still my only guitar, but i think its awesome. (the amp not so much)
My first guitar was a Hondo II, which was basically a Les Paul copy for only £60 (I think). I don't remember really hating it as I had nothing to compare it to so I just assumed all guitars were like that but I do recall that when I bought my second guitar, an Ibanez Rocket Roll II (flying V), I was amazed at how much better it was. The colour has never influenced my choice in guitar but that Hondo was in a natural wood finish and to this day I absolutely will not entertain buying a guitar with a natural wood finish so I guess that I must have really hated it once I discovered how bad it was.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1