What is that screen I always see in front of vocals mics when ever singers are recording in a studio? What's it called and what is it's purpose? Here is an example of what I am talking about, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBvgUSLlxsA
“It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself.” - Bach
pop filter. stops a sudden rush of air from distorting the P and F sounds

Gear:
Ibanez JPM P100A
Schecter C7 Loomis
Ibanez Rg1570
Agile Intrepid 828 Pro Dual
Schecter Omen FR Extreme
Ibanez RG550 (Fernandez Sustainer)
Laney World Series 120-TR
POD X3 Live
It's a filter used to reduce echos and background noise.

It basically makes the voice sound cleaner.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Thanks guys
“It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself.” - Bach
It is a pop filter, as most people said, but only one person was even close on its actual usage. It blocks plosives, that is hard exhaling which usually happens when making a P sound. Plosives cause a sudden rush of air, which would hit the mic, moving the diaphragm and causing a lot of noise. It is used in studios rather than mics with pop filters built on to the capsule because those foam filters block more high frequencies.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."