Hey.. I'm planning on buying a new guitar soon because I've got $700 and my parents will help me some and I'm still working so I'll have more with time.. I'm also not worried if I had to save more.. that's not a problem.. but I'm not sure what I should buy.. I've been planning on saving up for a PRS Standard 22 or a PRS Singlecut because I really like the neck, tone, dual humbuckers, and coil-splitting, but I've started playing in a band more now and have hence realized how nice it would be to have the two volume controls, so now I'm wondering if there is a guitar with a thinner neck, coil-splitting, dual humbuckers, and two volume controls.
Squier Fat Strat
Fender Cyber Deluxe 65w
Larivee LV-03E <-- uhuhuhuh.
you could always re-wire any guitar to have 2 volumes and coil splitting.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Last edited by mikeyElite at Aug 20, 2008,
Why do you need two volume knobs? If you want to do morello-esque stuff just install a kill switch.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I want the two volumes because it'd be way nicer to be able to just switch between the bridge and neck pickup to switch between quieter stuff and lead..
Squier Fat Strat
Fender Cyber Deluxe 65w
A boost works really well for that, but anywho, I think it would be better to go with a guitar you like and modify it to have two volume knobs.
Well I really like the PRS's but those only have a volume and tone knob so I wouldn't want to just bypass the tone..
Squier Fat Strat
Fender Cyber Deluxe 65w
Quote by C_Dizzle
Well I really like the PRS's but those only have a volume and tone knob so I wouldn't want to just bypass the tone..

you could get a concentric pot for the second hole and make it volume + tone.
Quote by mikeyElite
you could get a concentric pot for the second hole and make it volume + tone.

+1 though putting both volumes on the same knob makes more sense to me.

Or if you're like me you'd be totally amped about drilling some holeage right in that pretty flame maple for a new pot.
Well that would work indeed.. I'll have to remember that when I buy a guitar.. Thanks..
Squier Fat Strat
Fender Cyber Deluxe 65w
Quote by Kevin Saale
+1 though putting both volumes on the same knob makes more sense to me.

Or if you're like me you'd be totally amped about drilling some holeage right in that pretty flame maple for a new pot.

yeah i agree with you about the volumes, for some reason that didnt occur to me.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Paul-Reed-Smith-Singlecut-Trem-in-Satin-Charcoal-PRS_W0QQitemZ330261934180QQihZ014QQcategoryZ33045QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem this would be like my ideal guitar with the dual volume.. but I don't think it would work because I'm pretty sure the tone knob is the push-pull for coil splitting so I'd probably just have to deal with only having one volume unless I decide to cut a big hole in a $2000 guitar..
Squier Fat Strat
Fender Cyber Deluxe 65w
Quote by C_Dizzle
http://cgi.ebay.com/Paul-Reed-Smith-Singlecut-Trem-in-Satin-Charcoal-PRS_W0QQitemZ330261934180QQihZ014QQcategoryZ33045QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem this would be like my ideal guitar with the dual volume.. but I don't think it would work because I'm pretty sure the tone knob is the push-pull for coil splitting so I'd probably just have to deal with only having one volume unless I decide to cut a big hole in a $2000 guitar..

you could have 2 volumes and 1 tone with coil splitting with only 2 knobs.
No, you could just swap the volume pot for a concentric pot. Not sure on the wiring for a two volume master tone setup but I'd imagine its doable.