Page 1 of 2
i have to read v for vendetta for school. i went and got it at the library, and it is a comic book. is this correct? am i missing something? i dont want to read the comic book and then have someone be like oh no this is the actual book, here read this too. so yeah, help?
Quote by loganrocksabass

how can your girlfriend be in your band if she's in the kitchen?
Yep. Not just any comic/graphic novel.

This one's written by Alan Moore.

Don't think any less of it just because it's a graphic novel. It's just as legitimate as any other piece of fiction, like "1984", "Slaughterhouse-Five", and the Bible.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Is your school composed of artards? Seriously? V for vendetta???

Goddamn id love to go to your school.
yeah, im going into my senior year and im reading a comic book. never read one in my life until now. i just started reading it but i have to say its pretty good so far
Quote by loganrocksabass

definitely. its a graphic novel to those who dont like hearing comic book. its really different from the movie, and far more awesome. check out alan moore's other work too, its ****ing awesome
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
our school does have some serious artards running it, but the english department is actually good. and yes you do wish you went to my school. its a good place to be
Quote by loganrocksabass

Just watch the movie!

Actually don't for the love of god don't!
It stinks bad!!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by fallenangel20

Don't think any less of it just because it's a graphic novel. It's just as legitimate as any other piece of fiction, like "1984", "Slaughterhouse-Five", and the Bible.

bahahaha dude, you're my hero.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Quote by gunners fan
Just watch the movie!

It stinks bad!!

really? i thought the movie was quite good.
but then again, that couldve just been because natalie portman was in it.
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
I say pwnd/owned alot, and n00b even more frequently.

It comes up every few seconds actually. I actually said "imma pwn j00 n00b" to my girlfriend i think. She had no idea what i wastalking about, so i pwnt her n00b ass.
I hope you're in America, because I hate to think that any other country would set it's standards for education so low. I read V and loved it, but I did it on my own time. If your school wanted to teach you about oppressive fascist governments they would make you read a real book, like say 1984. Or alternatively, somthing written by an American, like the Patriot Act.
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)
Quote by Friedmaniac
I hope you're in America, because I hate to think that any other country would set it's standards for education so low. I read V and loved it, but I did it on my own time. If your school wanted to teach you about oppressive fascist governments they would make you read a real book, like say 1984. Or alternatively, somthing written by an American, like the Patriot Act.

i see what you did there, and i was amused.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
for school, i have to read fahrenheit 451 (which was actually quite interesting) and Huck Finn, which i do not enjoy. Last year i had to read David Copperfield, and the year before, the Odyssey. I live in America.
Edit: those are just ones i read during the summer. Ive also read A tale of Two cities, Pygmalion, Romeo and Juliet, Montana 1948, and The Old man and the Sea.
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
I say pwnd/owned alot, and n00b even more frequently.

It comes up every few seconds actually. I actually said "imma pwn j00 n00b" to my girlfriend i think. She had no idea what i wastalking about, so i pwnt her n00b ass.
there's also a movie
Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.
Quote by fallenangel20

the picture in my head was really funny.
Quote by fallenangel20

Haha, what did I ever do to you?
Quote by CowboyUp
the picture in my head was really funny.

Do tell.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by manic

I thought it was damn good and I don't care for Natalie Portman one way or another.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
The movie was good as a movie, but not that great of an adaptation.

In the words of Alan Moore, it had "plot holes so big, you wouldn't have gotten away with it in Whizzer and Chips".

Saxo-Walrus

It's a comic. It's pretty cool.

From what I hear the movie's quite different though (the writer of the comic hated the direction the movie was going, so he cut all ties with the film) , but it won't take you long to read it anyway, and it should be a fun read.
Saint Louis Blues
Quote by manic

boo. it was a way better adaptation of his work than from hell or league of extraordinary gentlemen. but that's like saying cancer sucks less than aids. the goddamned wachowski bros find a way to butcher it by changing the ending to one of the most retarded scenes i've seen in quite some time.
Quote by manic

nope. Compared to the comic book/graphic novel, the movie sucked more than most internet memes
Put on some pants, its time to dance! -The Happy Phrase

Quote by Alice Cooper
The hippies wanted peace and love. We wanted Ferraris, blondes and switchblades.

Quote by RhyseOrtiz
Banned because... Disaster, you good sir, are a f*cking genius!
Quote by fallenangel20
Do tell.

Basically this big guy in a suit behind a counter leaning over with a cigarette in his hand pounding his fist with every word. It was great
Funnily enough, I was watching the film yesterday...

Tis much lulz...
You get to read V for Vendetta in school?!

And yeah, it's a comic book. That doesn't mean there is no depth to it. It's great.
the comic book is awesome, as is the film IMO. I don't know why everyone is hating on it?? just because the people who did matrix made it?
The mask is awesome

I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
Last edited by Chips- at Aug 21, 2008,
Quote by Friedmaniac
I hope you're in America, because I hate to think that any other country would set it's standards for education so low...
great post.

Seriously, your reading a comic for school? Find a better school.
Quote by Friedmaniac

That is stupid. Not everyone in school really wants to read a book, and it might be easier to teach them using something they might get more into, especially since it was a hit movie that most people are probably familiar with. It seems like a good idea as far as I'm concerned. Though, I hope the teacher got the point of the comic book right..
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by gunners fan
Just watch the movie!

It stinks bad!!

I thought the movie was epic.
The message in the film was all good and well, but the film itself was ****e.
...Bleep Bloop...
The movie is pretty good, pretty **** at parts but really good at others. I haven't read the graphic novel, but I had to read "Maus" one time for school and that's a graphic novel (a really good one too, if you can get it it's a really great read IMO)
Quote by CoreysMonster
the comic book is awesome, as is the film IMO. I don't know why everyone is hating on it?? just because the people who did matrix made it?

no, just because they ****ed it up.
he gets shot once. there was a reason alan moore wrote it that way.
to turn that into five minutes of point-blank machine gun fire, that he still survives long enough to kill ten or fifteen guys is the height of bastardization. the only thing those hacks contributed was a cool blood splatter effect that they apparently didn't get enough of during the first half of the movie.
and while i'm on those guys...alan moore wrote several of the best graphic novels i've ever read. those guys put out ONE good movie. and that was a blatant rip off of dark city, which was a better movie.
Quote by Friedmaniac

Well thank you for pointing out that this funny book like object with words, pages and what not is not actually real at all!

Quote by gonzosrevenge55
boo. it was a way better adaptation of his work than from hell or league of extraordinary gentlemen.

Yet still those 2 movies where better than V!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
league sucked mountains of dicks.
from hell could've been worse. it just completely ignored the pacing and most of the ideas put forth in the book, which, i'll admit is pretty dense, but worth the read.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
That is stupid. Not everyone in school really wants to read a book, and it might be easier to teach them using something they might get more into, especially since it was a hit movie that most people are probably familiar with. It seems like a good idea as far as I'm concerned. Though, I hope the teacher got the point of the comic book right..

Not everyone in school wants to learn maths, it doesn't mean you teach them how to finger-paint instead.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by meh!
Not everyone in school wants to learn maths, it doesn't mean you teach them how to finger-paint instead.

no but that doesn't mean you have to teach it in a mind-boggingly dull way, either. what matters is what the kids are learning, doesn't matter how you teach it.

hell, if kids could learn math by watching Spongebob, i guarantee you every teacher would make the kids watch spongebob.

unfortunately the only thing you can learn watching spongebob is that patrick can't see his own forehead.

poor patrick
Quote by gunners fan
Just watch the movie!

It stinks bad!!

I wanna kill you,
nathalie portman plays in it and you say it sucks!!

AAAAAAAAAAAH! die bitch

and to the TS: read the comic and watch the movie. It's like 1984 with more action
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Page 1 of 2