Alright, I know there are a couple threads similar to this already, but I didn't find the responses very helpful and I also need answers that pertain to my specific rig.

Ok so first question:
What order should I put my pedals in? The pedals I have are:
Boss OC-3 SUPER Octave Pedal
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Fender PT-100 Pedal Tuner
Digitech Grunge
Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal

Also, I have several extremely cheap Danelectro pedals that I got for free, I wasn't planning on using them in my new rig but if you think they would sound good in the pedal line up then here they are:
Danelectro FAB Chorus
Danelectro FAB Flanger
Danelectro FAB Metal
Danelectro Chicken Salad Vibrato

I wasn't planning to use every pedal in my new rig but the ones I definitely want to include are the OC-3, the DD-3 the pedal tuner (for obvious reasons) and one of the distortion pedals (the DS-1 or the Grunge Pedal)

And my second question is what is an FX loop? My Marshall DSL 401 has FX Loop send/return jacks but I dont understand what and FX loop is (none of the explanations my friends seem to make sense) , or what the advantages are of having my pedals running through it instead of simply from my guitar to my amp input are.

thanks in advance for your help, I know this probably a very noobish question and has a simple answer
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=875153

hope it helps?

also, typically you should put the wah (or filter) first, followed by the distortion/overdrive (i dont think that order matters) because you want those sounds to effect your signal first, and then any modulation/delay last. but in all seriousness, whatever you think sounds the best, and yes i know that such a cliche statement.

still hoping it helps?
Last edited by Skierinanutshel at Aug 20, 2008,
Honestly you should just put the petals wherever you thing they sound best. Just mess around with the order, put them in front of your amp and then try them in the loop if you find you like that better.

Most people would put the tuner, wah, and OD in front of the amp. Then have the modulation effects in the loop. Distortion is a matter of taste
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo