I'm looking for something to play at my school during spare.
I was leaning towards a vox amplug (probably the ac30 one but maybe the classic rock one)
If you have tried the amplugs what were your impressions?
Also which did you find nicer the ac30 one or the classic rock one? (I play blues and classic rock mostly, very happy with my peavey classic 30)
Also if you didn't like the amplugs can you reccomend something else? (very quiet and portable)?
Peavey Limited Exp Hss
BC Rich BW-4000BB
Schecter C-1 Classic
Pocket Pods are good if it's not out of your range, they're small and have pretty good sound. I've never tried an Amplug so I can't compare the two.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
just grab a little champiion 600, roland cube or similar amp. maybe even a line 6 toneport.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
amplugs are good. i've tried the metal amplug and it does it's purpose. can you give a price range?
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
price range would be as cheap as possible with a bearable sound.
under 100$ canadian
Peavey Limited Exp Hss
BC Rich BW-4000BB
Schecter C-1 Classic
Quote by cjpiquette
roland cube.

you're talking about the microcube?
Peavey Limited Exp Hss
BC Rich BW-4000BB
Schecter C-1 Classic
maybe try to save for a pocket pod, although a bit out of the price range. you can get different effects aside from amp modeling and distortion.
Two super reverbs in stereo /jk

Pods are great if you're willing to spend the money. Handy for recording and such too so it's not a one trick kind of thing.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I've got my classic 30 + pedals and a mixer with an sm57 for recording. Just for playing on my spare at school would the pod be worth it?
Peavey Limited Exp Hss
BC Rich BW-4000BB
Schecter C-1 Classic
Quote by tomguitarworshi
I've got my classic 30 + pedals and a mixer with an sm57 for recording. Just for playing on my spare at school would the pod be worth it?

yes. it's also very useful when you're travelling.
hopefully i can find these things to try them out so i can decide if it's worth stretching my budget
Peavey Limited Exp Hss
BC Rich BW-4000BB
Schecter C-1 Classic
Quote by tomguitarworshi
hopefully i can find these things to try them out so i can decide if it's worth stretching my budget

You should definitely try one out if you can, they're very versatile, have a built in tuner, 3-band EQ, good stuff.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
yea, the microcube. i dont know what type of tone you're aiming for but in my case, if i was in your position i'd get it because it sounds good, its cheap, its small, and you still somehow get more overdrive than most amps.
Guitar
Fender Alder Strat w/ SD Invader, P90
Fender Blacktop Telecaster
Ovation Celebrity
Amp
Bolt BTH-100 w/ Marshall 1960A Lead
Drums
OCDP Avalon Series w/ Zildjian Custom A/K

Psycho Circus
No Boundaries Studios
vox pocket amp
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
I've got the Vox Amplug AC-30 model. It was $37 US new, so you should be able to find one to easily fit your budget. It's got by far the best tone of any battery powered headphone amp I've tried. If you don't need to be able to play for other people (it's just got a headphone out), it will more than suit your practice needs. There are three models available, the AC30, a classic British voiced model, and a modern metal model. I haven't actually heard the other two, but the AC30 sounds great with a wide range of sounds, from vintage clean to fairly high gain rock. It also has a line input so you can plug a CD player or MP3 player in to play along. I would suggest getting an amplug or something in a similar price range, and save your money for your stage setup.
Dude, this thread is a month old, why the hell are you bumping it?
I don't know, I guess I just thought, this being an internet forum where people post questions about guitar equipment, expecting help from people with experience with that equipment, and I have some experience with this particular equipment, and further input which I believe is quite relevant in this case, I figured I might actually try to use this knowledge to help someone instead of going around whining that I now have to scroll past one more old heading in my incredibly busy schedule of browsing internet forums?
Quote by Stickymongoose
I don't know, I guess I just thought, this being an internet forum where people post questions about guitar equipment, expecting help from people with experience with that equipment, and I have some experience with this particular equipment, and further input which I believe is quite relevant in this case, I figured I might actually try to use this knowledge to help someone instead of going around whining that I now have to scroll past one more old heading in my incredibly busy schedule of browsing internet forums?

Yeah, but it's been a month, I think the TS has probably got it sorted out.
i would prefer a 10 watt amp of any kind but i cant be specific cuz i only had one 10 watt that was quiet and portable it was a yamaha
beer doesnt make you fat it makes you lean...... on tables,chairs,walls,and ugly people!