i am thinking about going to an in state college universitey,thats not only a music school, to major in music...my grades are only average at the moment...but i was wondering if i nail the audition should my gpa not make a big impact on me getting into the school...like could i do wel on the audition then they dont accept me due to my grades....there not terrible..i have a 2.7 at the moment....so any help advice be great
I think you look more at your attitude, dedication, and overall people/working skills. Though that may be just around here.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Yes...you need grades. The college of music is a subset of the university as a whole. You can't just woo the music department and expect to bypass the standards of the university. Therefore, you still have to satisfy all requirements and expectations set by the general admissions on top of your music admissions.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
It may, because if you can pull good grades it shows dedication to all things in life and not just simply your music. My opinion; work your ass off for everything, not just the things you need for college. Most people say "When am I even gunna need to know quantum physics" the answer is never, but most of the other stuff you leave is actually helpful.
Quote by Xiaoxi
Yes...you need grades. The college of music is a subset of the university as a whole. You can't just woo the music department and expect to bypass the standards of the university. Therefore, you still have to satisfy all requirements and expectations set by the general admissions on top of your music admissions.

this.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
i almost failed high school and got in to berklee college of music with a pretty significant performance based scholarship. however, had i received good grades in high school, i would have gotten more scholarships. soooooo, do your homework and study.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by Cockpuncher 2.0
It may, because if you can pull good grades it shows dedication to all things in life and not just simply your music. My opinion; work your ass off for everything, not just the things you need for college. Most people say "When am I even gunna need to know quantum physics" the answer is never, but most of the other stuff you leave is actually helpful.

lies
sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
Quote by chea_man
i almost failed high school and got in to berklee college of music with a pretty significant performance based scholarship. however, had i revieved good grades in high school, i would have gotten more scholarships. soooooo, do your homework and study.

Berklee is an exception. They'll take just about anyone, really. They don't even require SATs.

Are you going?

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Berklee is an exception. They'll take just about anyone, really. They don't even require SATs.

Are you going?

i didnt read the first post. you will need good grades, since you have to get into the University, and then get into the music program.

and i wouldnt say berklee will take anyone. I applied/auditioned along with over 3,600 other people. About 800 were accepted. and i no longer go there, but i will be returning there next year (my senior year)
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man

and i wouldnt say berklee will take anyone. I applied/auditioned along with over 3,600 other people. About 800 were accepted. and i no longer go there, but i will be returning there next year (my senior year)

Weird combo. But okay. Maybe I'll see you in my sophomore year.

And what I mean by anyone is that they take people who just plain suck and have no talent/intelligence, regardless of whether their acceptance rate is low or not.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Grades aren't as big a factor at Berklee, though. As long as you have a decent audition and can pay the tuition it's not hard to get in.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
Some schools don't care about graeds if you blow them away with the audition
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me