My guitar is currently unstrung since I'm in the middle of installing new pickups, but a little bump in the road makes is so I won't be able to finish the job until tomorrow. So right now, it's sitting, completely gutted and stringless, on my workbench. Should I be worried that the neck might warp or do something funny overnight?
crazy talking animals
nha. but it's gonna be a little off when you restring. it's gonna go out of tune and you're gonna get buzz and whatnot for a little while and then the neck will go back to normal.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
i dont leave my guitar unstrung for a week. maximum would be two days. you need a proper set-up if you would leave it unstrung for a long time.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
my brother left his unstrung for like 3 months and when he finally restrung it played fine, a little buz but he fixed it by just raising the action.
To deny our own impulses, is to deny the very thing that makes us human.
It wont hurt it, remember, the guitar wasn't built with strings already on it.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
If you are at all worried then loosen the truss rod a little and tighten it back up once you have re-strung...
Quote by SG Man Forever
It wont hurt it, remember, the guitar wasn't built with strings already on it.

true, but it also didn't have a tight truss rod at that point either.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
I just finished putting one of my guitars together yesterday. Its a neck thru had been apart for almost 2 years. Made some adjustments plays fine.