I guess this would be where i would put a TooL related post. Alright, so i was watching some TooL music videos, cause they are the best, and i noticed Breaking Benjamin did a cover of Aenima...interested i was. Wow........ ... ... ... .. guitar and drums were alright..... . ... .... ...Ben Burnley needs to never sing it again... not even in the shower. Anyone agree? Check it out if you dare

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHZnPISCZPM
... well, i USED to think he was a good vocalist...
Gear:
.Fender Classic Series '70s Stratocaster
.Peavey Classic 30
.Xotic BB Preamp
.MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
.Vox V847A Wah
.Boss RC-2 Loop Station
.Washburn WI-24 (first guitar )
yeah thats pretty bad.

His voice just lacks any definition. I like BB, I like the EFFORT...but its a no go.
Quote by vintage x metal
My toilet has seen some scenes that one would describe as 'deathcore'
That used to be one of my favourite songs. Thanks.
Really though, the guitar sounded pretty good at the start, then he comes in with those ****ty vocals and completely ruins a great song.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
I clicked on it thinking "it can't be that bad" but it was. Not funny bad though, just bad.
@ singer.

If you're gonna cover Tool, do not try to sound like Maynard. You will fail.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Guitar was alright, drums didn't really sound that great, but singer= fail, but I couldn't do any better.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
It wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't so painfully obvious that he is trying to replicate Maynard. He just comes off as being completely unoriginal and without the slight bit of personal identity.

I lol'd.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.

I got embarrassed chills after listening to that
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Quote by soundgarden19
Guitar was alright, drums didn't really sound that great, but singer= fail, but I couldn't do any better.

This.

Here's another of him trying to do De La Rocha: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8FkAEHumqk

I suppose it's at least better than the Tool cover, but they should really cover stuff more suited for the vocalist instead of having him try to change his voice for some mediocre cover.

They do decent nirvana covers from the ones I clicked on on youtube though.

In terms of covers strange covers, PATD covering Radiohead (I know it's the Indie forums, but they're modern, so I'll post it for the hell of it): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jrqgm6uPRJU
Quote by mikko_9119

I got embarrassed chills after listening to that

I felt exactly the same after listening to Through the Fire and Flames.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
It is because he is trying to do an exact copy of tool including vocal style, he should have tried to make a BB cover not an exact copy of Tool. He is still great with Breaking Benjamin, he needs to still with that. Some people can do covers really well and some people cant, he is obviously the latter
I don't even like Tool and that felt wrong on so many levels. (in b4 flames)
This space foreclosed, due to the ailing economy.
I'm quite sure that there are vocalists that are worse than him, the song is alright and this cover is alright. So yea, nothing special but w/e