how do you do this? i honestly have no clue. i think PTH does it a lot, and i would like someone to help me get a knowladge of what it is.
I think you'd either do one hand mute lower on the fretboard and then tap the notes with the other, or you'd sort of go across the strings one way with the right hand then back across with the other. The second way is sort of complicated to explain.

I don't know any PTH though, so I'm not sure exactly what you mean.
im not sure what you mean. do you mean sweep picking then tapping? or just tapping the whole sweep itself? if you mean tapping the whole sweep check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah-y6Xfk2Tg

skip 25 seconds into the video
To deny our own impulses, is to deny the very thing that makes us human.
Quote by SiegeCrew
yes that! do you have any exercises or patterns?

Unfortunately not. I can't even sweep pick normally, let along sweep while tapping.
The technique is technically speaking, no different that regular tapping, and changing what string is being tapped. The main thing is just keeping the other stings quiet, which is done as normally with the rest of the hand.

However, it's still hard as hell.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
well im not a shredder. i just like to use some of the techniques. thanks for the help.
--------------12h17t20p17p12-------------
----------13------------------------13---------
------14--------------------------------14-----
--14----------------------------------------14-
--------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------
Gear:
Ibanez RG570 circa 1993
Ibanez S2020XAV
Carvin DC127
EVH 5153 50w
Orange PPC112
AxeFX II
What you could do is just take a note off of any sweep that you know and just tap it on a different string.