I'd say this is still a beggeners guitar, if you want a fairly good intermidiet guitar I'd say your looking at around 500-600 dollars
id love one of them myself but hey my 1st guitar was a strat n i luv it,haven played it in awhile but i love it i been playin classical alot these days
Empire Records one of the best films ever.
His name isnt Warren.
His name isnt Warren.
His name isnt Warren?
I thouht his name was Warren?

"slayer sabbath:
whats wrong with metal, has this website been taking over by power chording, girl pants wearing, emos?"
epiphone is generally better than squier. This guitar looks pretty decent. However, there's a decent change that it won't hold tune very well.
What about the price is turning you away?

I suppose getting away from the Squier is a good option if you really aren't fond of it. If you like the neck on the Squier, you could look around for a used MiM Fender for probably the same price as the Epi.
anything is better than a crappy squire but i recommend steering away from epiphones. They are just gibson knock offs and aren't worth the price you pay. Check into a different brand such as Ibanez, Dean, ESP Ltd. Just others.
dude i have the straight up white g 400 and its great. paid the same price, the pickups are good/ok the neck is great but the guitar is neck heavy. Overall great guitar.
im tellin now don't buy a cheap guitar if you are taking guitar seriously. save up some more money and buy something better, youll be glad you did. but i did here that guitar is really good for the money.
To deny our own impulses, is to deny the very thing that makes us human.
that's the guitar that i've got. its pretty damn good. rich deep sound, not much variety in sound though. but if you've got pedals and a good amp then you'll definetly like it.
SoCalDirtDragon
phattstudd55 well the epi prophecy guitars blow most gibsons ive played out of the water

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
I have it and I say it is an amazing guitar
Epiphone G-400!!!!!!!!

Washburn Bass!!!

Cordovox tube amp

Crate bass amp!!!

Kustom PA
Quote by Phat Stud 55
anything is better than a crappy squire but i recommend steering away from epiphones. They are just gibson knock offs and aren't worth the price you pay. Check into a different brand such as Ibanez, Dean, ESP Ltd. Just others.

they're not knock offs gibson owns epiphone its just they sell their cheaply made models through the epiphone name
the epiphones are mostly made in china i believe but am not sure
Dick+strings= owww
Quote by mohawkkidJohn
phattstudd55 well the epi prophecy guitars blow most gibsons ive played out of the water

Agreed
Quote by Cryptorchild
Agreed

the only thing i can say i dislike about them is that the floyd rose models have flush mounted floyds as opposed to floating floyds

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
That was my second electric guitar I bought and I must say that it is a very good buy. You might want to put new tuners on it because the only real problem with the guitar is that it won't stay in tune much. Get a set of Sperzel's and you've got yourself a great guitar to last you for a long while.
DETHKLOK IS TEH ROXORZ!!!
Don't listen to people here who say Epiphone is crap, 'cause it's not. I have bought the Firebird studio model a few months ago (http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Firebird-Studio-Electric-Guitar-103808770-i1176354.gc) and this guitar is great.

Problem with some of them is that they can be neck heavy indeed. I have to hold the guitar up with my left hand when not playing, otherwise it will drop down by the neck. The tuners on the Firebird however (Steinbergers!) are the best I have ever seen! Unfortunately they are not on the SG model that you want to buy.

Epiphone is good value for money in my opinion.
"Don’t be a guitarist. Be a musician."

Steve Howe
if people say epiphones are crap and you should get a gibby, they obviously haven't put them side by side. epiphone makes a great guitar for the price they sell them at. i'll probably get another epi in the next couple years, a hollow body though.
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
Alot of epi owners I know have had their guitars falling appart and electronics dying not even a year after purchase...

That guitar is not much of a step up to the intermediate guitar range. The intermediate guitar range starts at about 500. You want a better guitar? start saving man.

EDIT: i reccomend asking around in the Guitar Gear and Accesories forum, those guys know alot about gear and can help you out quite a bit.
Quote by Highwaytohell
Alot of epi owners I know have had their guitars falling appart and electronics dying not even a year after purchase...
I've known (and been) an Epi owner, and none of them were ever any bother. Maybe the ones your friends owned were low end models, because ours were mid-range* and were fine.

*Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty III
Epiphone Tony Iommi Signature
Epiphone Zakk Wylde Signature
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
I'd be tempted to agree with the majority of the advice here; a bit more money will give you a lot more options. If the Squier has a decent setup it should play fine and is certainly good enough until you are experienced enough and have the funds for something better. Lots of people will dismiss guitars like Squiers as crap and while they're not the best, they're also not as bad as you might think. The trouble is they come from the factory with a terrible setup and on a cheap guitar nobody bothers paying for a good quality setup. I bought an Aria STG004 for my son, which cost about £130 I think (it was a while ago) but after I'd paid for a really good setup it became surprisingly good; certainly as good as many guitars I've played of about £300 and I still use it as a backup to my main guitar. Invest in a good setup and then save for a guitar you really want.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1