preamp?
what does it do?
what im thinking is that it has effects for you amp if your amp doesnt have any
is that right?
thank you all in advance
Last edited by phizz.ed at Aug 21, 2008,
In short version: For instance, a preamp in a guitar amplifier shapes the sound (EQ, etc), and then the poweramp amplifies the signal that comes from the preamp.
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
I think it would be good to say that the preamps is everything you have before the actual amplification of the signal. So it could be the EQ on your amp as well as all the effects you might have on pedals, multieffects, wah-wah, etc ...
Hello, Mirror - so glad to see you my friend, it's been a while

Help me - I can't break out this prison all alone
Save me - I'm drowning and I'm hopeless on my own
Heal me - I can't restore my sanity alone
Quote by XDream_TheaterX
I think it would be good to say that the preamps is everything you have before the actual amplification of the signal. So it could be the EQ on your amp as well as all the effects you might have on pedals, multieffects, wah-wah, etc ...
in new to guitar..... whats eq?
sorry if i sound annoying
eq is short for equalizer. its basically the frequency your output has. its your bass, mids, and trebles.
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
Quote by suckmahnuts
eq is short for equalizer. its basically the frequency your output has. its your bass, mids, and trebles.

thank you so much
Preamp - Power Amp - Speaker
You have these in every electrical sound devices
Example: computer sound card (preamp) and computer speakers (power amp and speaker)
A combo amplifier has those 3 parts integrated
An amplifier head has a preamp and a power amp, so you have to hook it up to a speaker cabinet.