So how do you use you right hand in muting the string when sweep picking?

What do you use in your right hand when going up (6th to 1st) the strings and what do you use in your left hand when going down the strings (1st to 6th)?

Thank you very much this is to help the beginners of sweep picking out there. XD

MICHAEL ANGELO BATIO mutes with his right hand b.t.w

kindly explain in ACCURATE DETAIL on how the right hand works thank you very much
XD
i have trouble muting upwards when picking downwards it's no problem...i just use my right hand.
after hitting each string your going to mute it with the side of your hand.
To deny our own impulses, is to deny the very thing that makes us human.
Quote by necrophagist!
after hitting each string your going to mute it with the side of your hand.

the side you would palm mute on?
Quote by tona_107
the side you would palm mute on?

yes
To deny our own impulses, is to deny the very thing that makes us human.
I gently rest my right hand on the bridge, but with very little force as you want the plucked notes to ring out. However, with sweeping and arpeggios the notes don't tend to ring out too much as you're supposed to lift your finger off the string once it's plucked, giving it that smooth, sweeping sound.
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112
That is exactly the thing that kills me on sweep picking. It's really hard for me to keep the strings from ringing out when I sweep downwards, but yeah you are basically using your palm to mute the notes just after they are played, and right before the next note is played.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
How come all the instructional videos on youtube mentioned nothing about palm muting, nor do they appear to use palm muting?
I don't use palm muting while sweeping - I mute with my left hand. After every note, I lift the noting finger away from the fret, not enough to make a noise, but enough to stop it ringing out, just like a stattacato-stop.

I would think that palm muting would make the sweep really uncomfortable in the wrist after a while?
Quote by Shiruyumi
How come all the instructional videos on youtube mentioned nothing about palm muting, nor do they appear to use palm muting?

I was wondering the same thing...