I just got a lot of money and I was thinking of buying a new practice amp like Cube 30x which everyone thinks it's great and I heard it and it IS great.
But then vypyr comes out and messes with my head. Now I'm in the position to have the money but to don't know which one to get. I can get myself a Cube 30x right now from the Guitar store near me but Vypyr needs to be ordered from the internet.
Cube 30x costs 215 euros and If i would get a vypyr it would be the 75 one with the attenuator, for bedroom issues.
Also the tones I want to get is for metal, but not only. I will also play blues/rock.
So what would you do if you were me?
Thanks for the help
Current Equipment:
Epiphone Les Paul Gothic
Blackstar Ht-5
Bad Monkey
Quote by tona_107
out of curiosity, what is "a lot of money"

tube amps are out of the question since i'm not in a band and i just need to practice right now(in my bedroom).

A lot of money is like 1000 euros.
Current Equipment:
Epiphone Les Paul Gothic
Blackstar Ht-5
Bad Monkey
you know you can get tube amps that are like 5W right? the blackheart little giant has a switch for 3W and 5W.
I don't think I can crank up a 5watter :/
I don't want to disturb the neighberhood. I already researched that I need an SS and it was gonna be a cube 30x.
Current Equipment:
Epiphone Les Paul Gothic
Blackstar Ht-5
Bad Monkey
Quote by tona_107
you know you can get tube amps that are like 5W right? the blackheart little giant has a switch for 3W and 5W.

Not really voiced for Metal, though.

I'm gonna recommend the ENGL Screamer or Thunder combos. They are 50W tube, but, they'll sound just fine at bedroom levels when you play clean and high gain metal. You won't need to turn them up loud to get tube saturation because that's not really desired with metal. Also when you decide to start gigging, you'll have the extra headroom you need.
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
You don't 'need' an SS, nor do you need an attenuator for any SS amp.

If blues=John Mayer/SRV and it's not important to you, a cube will do fine.

And 5 watts can work for home use.

And Crate is coming out with the Blackheart Killer Ant in the near future.

And Zvex has the Nano head.

But.

If you want a practice amp, damn near anything will do.
yah the dillema is between cube 30x and vypyr 75
Current Equipment:
Epiphone Les Paul Gothic
Blackstar Ht-5
Bad Monkey
Quote by dungeon
yah the dillema is between cube 30x and vypyr 75

when i played through the cube, i honestly wanted to throw up.

it sounded like ****ing ****.
Quote by xxXshredderXxx
when i played through the cube, i honestly wanted to throw up.

it sounded like ****ing ****.

you are the first one who says that!
Current Equipment:
Epiphone Les Paul Gothic
Blackstar Ht-5
Bad Monkey
Quote by dungeon
I would never give 500 euros for THIS come onnnnnnnnnnn. Even if it has crazy sound i would really get sth better with 500

You know nothing.

Do you seriously believe that a solid state practice amp is better than a Zvex?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
You know nothing.

Do you seriously believe that a solid state practice amp is better than a Zvex?

500 euros for a 5 watter? Even a tube one? I could get the blackheart with really less money
Current Equipment:
Epiphone Les Paul Gothic
Blackstar Ht-5
Bad Monkey
Quote by dungeon
500 euros for a 5 watter? Even a tube one? I could get the blackheart with really less money
500 euros for a 0.5 watter. You could get the Blackheart for less money because in comparison, the Blackheart sounds like arse. You really do get what you pay for.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
zvex are like gods though.

STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Quote by MrCarrot
500 euros for a 0.5 watter. You could get the Blackheart for less money because in comparison, the Blackheart sounds like arse. You really do get what you pay for.

No my budget is not that much maximum is 400.
I had just woken up and I made a mistake about that oO sorry :P
Current Equipment:
Epiphone Les Paul Gothic
Blackstar Ht-5
Bad Monkey
Last edited by dungeon at Aug 21, 2008,
^What's the typo? I'm fairly sure crate makes blackheart, if that's what you're taking issue with.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
^Seriously. Go to the Blackheart or Guitar Center website and it says it right there.

Oh, and I was the first to suggest the Nano head
can you guys look at my thread too... please... haha. sorry if i'm not supposed to do this.

edit: deleted the link...sorry.
Last edited by tona_107 at Aug 21, 2008,
^People will find your thread without you posting links for it elsewhere. There's no need for it at all really.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by imgooley
^Seriously. Go to the Blackheart or Guitar Center website and it says it right there.

Oh, and I was the first to suggest the Nano head

OK. Maybe you meant to type it that way. I just figured it was a typo. I thought it was that both Crate and Blackheart were simply owned by the same company. Mackie or whatever. I didn't realize Crate was making them too.

Sorry.