never used one I'm afraid. Just tinker til it sounds good!
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
EVERYTHING TO THE MAX!!!!

Sorry, it might help if you told us what settings are available or what pedal it is.
(Still, the answer is probably everything to the max.)
gain 10, scoop the mids to like 2 or 3, bass 7-8, treb 7-8 and turn down all the knobs on ur amp lol
Quote by ibanezshred503
gain 10, scoop the mids to like 2 or 3, bass 7-8, treb 7-8 and turn down all the knobs on ur amp lol

Hahhhahahahaaha...
Experiment, maybe? That's how I approach new effects.

Also your guitar/amp/other effects are going to affect your tone too. So if you've not got the right gear you won't get a nice tone, simple as. Personally, I like to leave the bass down (3-5, ish) with everything else up (8-10) for metal.
haha I have a Boss Metal Zone and when I get board I just send everything to the Max... you sound like your murdering people with a chainsaw... But if you want it more mellow just turn things down till you get your tone
Bring Back the Music

I am a gear whore... Any little odds and ends that is in the middle of nowhere, I am coming for you

UG Missle Silo

Quote by SvnStringMaster
It sounds way hot, fuzzy, and like i shoved a mic up my ass and ran up the stairs.
A good THICK metal tone? You're not going to get a very thick tone with that pedal compared to pedals like the Metal Muff...
YEAH
have the level at the 3rd notch, low at 10th notch, mid at 6th notch,and high all the way(if thats too much high end just take it down a little) im not someone just making suggestions i actully own the same pedal and i use these settings and if you need more low end turn up the bass on ur amp.
Quote by podliver
A good THICK metal tone? You're not going to get a very thick tone with that pedal compared to pedals like the Metal Muff...

Metal muff with a top boost is decent.
while on the other hand,
Digitech death metal, is really, not appropriate for such music as it's classified in the same category as the other buzz-buzz pedals. Go for a standard distortion pedal and tune it to your needs with a combination of the pedal and the amp.
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!
Last edited by 68_SG at Oct 1, 2008,