Page 1 of 2
in a similar vain to 'lets talk about GAYS', this is the 'lets talk about TEENAGERS'.

note:for those with short attention span, the main discussion points are in bold.

as pointed out in 'why nerds are unpopular article' :

'Adults can't avoid seeing that teenage kids are tormented. So why don't they do something about it? Because they blame it on puberty. The reason kids are so unhappy, adults tell themselves, is that monstrous new chemicals, hormones, are now coursing through their bloodstream and messing up everything. There's nothing wrong with the system; it's just inevitable that kids will be miserable at that age.'

now, i dont know about you but i think this is very true. and yes, puberty will make emotions seem that much more powerful. yet, its so easy to end up angry, or angst ridden, when you feel that your the only one trying to understand the other person, when they all just say 'Puberty. thats it. puberty'.

how much easier would relations with people be if they asked questions and TRIED to understand what is bugging you other then just saying 'puberty'?

'Teenagers seem to have respected adults more then, because the adults were the visible experts in the skills they were trying to learn. Now most kids have little idea what their parents do in their distant offices, and see no connection (indeed, there is precious little) between schoolwork and the work they'll do as adults.'

i think this is a visa versa situation. Adults rarely seem to show an interest in your eductation/jobs/plans, which often leads to conflict. But the general opinion, is that teenagers are slackers.

If more understanding and general encouragement was given, how do you reckon stereotypical views will change?

Discuss.
Last edited by slann101 at Aug 21, 2008,
Quote by slann101
in a similar vain to 'lets talk about GAYS', this is the 'let stalk about TEENAGERS'.

I'd rather not..
Dont they say "teenagers scare... the living s*** out of me...." or something?

right??
They irritate me now that I no longer am one.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
No. This TS is full of fail.

I'm sick of teenagers complaining to the world that they have depression, and things are so hard for them. As if their parents had an easier life. Or an average classmate has a harder life.

Get over yourselves, stop making excuses and taking drugs for your problems and take control of your emotions. Then, maybe the stereotypical view of the teenager wouldn't be so negative.

/thread

EDIT: This is not directed at anyone in the pit.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Last edited by SlinkyBlue at Aug 21, 2008,
well im a teenager 17 to be exact and i don't see the point in whinging and crying about every little problem in life, move on get over it and play music or hang with friends if ya have any that is

I just wish that some adults would stop seeing teenagers as a menace to society. Granted some of us aren't the best people but people should learn to see past that stereotype and get to know each teenager as a person. And not just part of a single group.
SO LETS TALK ABOUT TEENAGERS!

.....ok
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
i hate it how adults 'stereotype' most teenagers into likeing the same things, and there always going to to bad things....when most of the time there not

well, at least in my area
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Quote by Happy-Tom
well im a teenager 17 to be exact and i don't see the point in whinging and crying about every little problem in life, move on get over it and play music or hang with friends if ya have any that is

agreed.what im trying to question is the distance between the teenage viewpoint and the adult viewpoint.

Quote by SlinkyBlue
I'm sick of teenagers complaining to the world that they have depression, and things are so hard for them.

at what point in this post has anyone compalined of depression or made a post like

'OMGZ I IZ SO DEPREZED I THINK I WILLCUT MYSELF'.

no where. its a discussion.
teenage relationships are so lame. "oh i love you" "you are the one" "let's wait til we get married"
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by slann101

at what point in this post has anyone compalined of depression or made a post like

'OMGZ I IZ SO DEPREZED I THINK I WILLCUT MYSELF'.

no where. its a discussion.

Read the rest of my edit...
-Jim Morrison
Quote by InvaderTSN
I think he's talking about teenagers in general, not this thread.

actually i think he was having a stab at me

'No. This TS is full of fail.'
Im a new teenager, and im not depressed...
I think its time to pack your things lets go,
To a place where we both know,
And dont worry, I'll drive real slow,
Spend some time before we go..
Teenagers are assholes

I've only got 10 more months of being a teenager left, then I won't be lumped into the same basket as every other misguided sh*thead that roams the earth...

This whole understanding thing is a two way street, I hear people all the time saying how parents need to understand their kids. It's high time someone actually looked at the situation and noted that there is no parent in the history of man kind who hasn't been a teenager first. Teens will tell you "oh, but things are so different now" they're not the only difference between being a teen now and 30 odd years ago is the internet. The emotions are the same, the problems are the same and the solutions are the same. Yet teens today would rather they get all the attention that the kid who wins a medal or gets the awesome grades or shoots up the school gets than actually sort out their issues. They get this attention by telling themselves no-one gets them which gives them an excuse to act out and in turn get their attention.

To re-iterate: Teens are shi*theads (this broad statement includes myself)
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
Quote by slann101
actually i think he was having a stab at me

'No. This TS is full of fail.'

I'm not having a stab at you, I just think that your discussion points are ****.

Parents and society's attitude towards teenagers is not a problem here. Its the self-absorbed "life sucks pity me" attitude that many teenagers have.

If the selfish teens didn't have such a distorted view on life, and didn't blame their problems on society and their parents, then this discussion wouldn't be happening.

My Point: Teens are the problem, and changing society's outlook on them is not going to fix anything, and thats all there is to it. It a dumb topic.
-Jim Morrison
Quote by SlinkyBlue

Parents and society's attitude towards teenagers is not a problem here. Its the self-absorbed "life sucks pity me" attitude that many teenagers have.

If the selfish teens didn't have such a distorted view on life, and didn't blame their problems on society and their parents, then this discussion wouldn't be happening.

I could remove my entire post, as this sums it up.

+1
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
Quote by Aftertime
teenage relationships are so lame. "oh i love you" "you are the one" "let's wait til we get married"

+1

Most accurate statement in this whole thread.
Quote by Draken
Teenagers should all get a job.

agreed.

just to put it in context, the first post was about individuals in tiny pockets. not one big hand tying to fix everything at once.
TS Is right actually. I'm a 16 year old teenager, never got depressed really , I don't take drugs even if the maj. of my friends does and invited me plenty of times to , And I firuged out how come I'm not bad minded

My parents.

TS Is absolutely right. My dad works and my mom doesn't. My mom's goal in her life is to dedicate herself to her sons. She does absolutely EVERYTHING in my house. I even feel bad for not even doing my bed and I really never do it. She does absolutely everything.

My dad on the other side , a great man, never smoked weed, dedicated to work for his family, loves his parents, never thinks about doing something wrong. He works like an immigrant because yes my parents are immigrants. Hispanic

And immigrants parents are better parents on a side because they aren't mind based on work and this big city business and etc.

I'm not saying that american parents can't be good parents. But you know, there days, america is big business and etc....

So like I said, I never really got depressed and am not on drugs. I'm not even a rebel. It doesn't mean that I'm a wussy cause I'm not it just means that I'm clean in my mind.

So is my big brother. He knows he can trust my parents for anything. And my brother is the kind of guy that always goes out in the night clubbing. My mom really doesn't like it , she stays up to 5 am to wait him to come back because she's always stressed about that something occurs to him. Plus she has to wake up at 7 to prepare food for my father to go work, sleep till 11 and then start cleaning and washing and preparing food all day long.

This is the pit so I know I am going to get some flaming back and responses about good parents. Like I said, it's not because they're immigrants but cause they are family minded.

And yes, we , 3 sons of my mother, never do anything to help her clean or prepare something to eat....

Sometimes we try but she already told us that she's been doing this forever and will always do anything for us so yea...We don't even go out to buy some food or just some juice or milk, never.

My father can't help too he always come back dead from work
Last edited by kevC4 at Aug 21, 2008,
Quote by kevC4
TS Is right actually. I'm a 16 year old teenager, never got depressed really , I don't take drugs even if the maj. of my friends does and invited me plenty of times to , And I firuged out how come I'm not bad minded

My parents.

TS Is absolutely right. My dad works and my mom doesn't. My mom's goal in her life is to dedicate herself to her sons. She does absolutely EVERYTHING in my house. I even feel bad for not even doing my bed and I really never do it. She does absolutely everything.

My dad on the other side , a great man, never smoked weed, dedicated to work for his family, loves his parents, never thinks about doing something wrong. He works like an immigrant because yes my parents are immigrants. Hispanic

And immigrants parents are better parents on a side because they aren't mind based on work and this big city business and etc.

I'm not saying that american parents can't be good parents. But you know, there days, america is big business and etc....

So like I said, I never really got depressed and am not on drugs. I'm not even a rebel. It doesn't mean that I'm a wussy cause I'm not it just means that I'm clean in my mind.

So is my big brother. He knows he can trust my parents for anything. And my brother is the kind of guy that always goes out in the night clubbing. My mom really doesn't like it , she stays up to 5 am to wait him to come back because she's always stressed about that something occurs to him. Plus she has to wake up at 7 to prepare food for my father to go work, sleep till 11 and then start cleaning and washing and preparing food all day long.

This is the pit so I know I am going to get some flaming back and responses about good parents. Like I said, it's not because they're immigrants but cause they are family minded.

Nicely written.
Quote by kevC4
T

very true.

TS Is absolutely right. My dad works and my mom doesn't. My mom's goal in her life is to dedicate herself to her sons. She does absolutely EVERYTHING in my house.

that seems very victorian. im not saying it wrong, as i think they had differant, and sometimes better values then compared to today.

so much seems to be based on buisness nowadays. familys seem to lack connections. how many times have i been round a friends house and seen married couples take a blatent uninterest in eachother.

i like where your heads at

smartest 08'er i met.
Quote by slann101
i like where your heads at

smartest 08'er i met.

Your answers completes my arguments. But there's still many more things I could have said...

Like the way we are raised and everything. Any error of a parent on his child can cause a big corruption in his mind.

Just look at those kids these days... Today my bro's friend got to play on my xbox 360 [wich I never use because I don't play games] on gta4 online and there's like 13 year old kids in there trying to speak like rappers and insulting people and stuff.... I mean seriously? And playing Gta4??

Well about gta4, when I was a kid, I was still playing crazy games , but I was conscient about it because my parents always explained me everything.

That's another point why I don't like a point of the religion. What I mean is even if I was young , I would see something like nudity on tv and say like "OMG" and my parents we're just like " oh common it's natural" and always explained me things, whatever my age was.

If these things are not done then the child see everything in another way that it is supposed to be.

Anyway I think that's enoug harguments for the moment... I shouldn't type that munch lol

And btw, thanks for the compliment, Imma try to sig that
Im a teenager, 14 to be exact, no depression really... but i dont normally like to hear this "YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND" QQing ****.... of course if u talk to ur parents and ask them "wtf is up?", and they say "puberty" they ****ing understand. They've been there. They've experienced it before you did.... there's just nothing you cna do about it. Just hold on tight and get ready for a rough ride. I've got 2 older cousins, and both of them basically raised me. They taught me eveyrthing i needed to know about getting older before i even experienced it. I knew about sex and the dark-side of the human language before i was 10. Its good to know people who DO understand, cuz without them, i'd be slitting my wrists and shutting myself away from society cuz i'd feel isolated cuz of all my problems. Instead, i tell them all the stupid **** my mom does, and they understand cuz that whole side of the family ****ing hates my mom. I can also pass that knowledge down unto my friends who are clueless when it comes to subjects like human anatomy, or sexual intercourse and lingo... its kool lol.

And there's also so many options opening up in our teenage years.... I ****ing hate school, but its done so much for me in my life. Without school, i wouldn't be playing guitar in a band. Without school i wouldnt be able to yell at my mom and confuse her in an arguement (a.k.a i win...PWNT.) My school gives us a ot of bull****, but because they've educated me so damn well, I'm able to see through their bull**** and actually change some of the teachers' minds about the educational system at my school, etc.

its kool :O
Quote by kevC4
Your answers completes my arguments. But there's still many more things I could have said...

Like the way we are raised and everything. Any error of a parent on his child can cause a big corruption in his mind.

line 1: cheers

line 2: that is very true. but also, i believe that if the child is suitably inclined, hye can change those errors.

line 3: no problem.
Quote by Patty-cakez
Im a teenager, 14 to be exact, no depression really... but i dont normally like to hear this "YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND" QQing ****.... of course if u talk to ur parents and ask them "wtf is up?", and they say "puberty" they ****ing understand. They've been there. They've experienced it before you did.... there's just nothing you cna do about it. Just hold on tight and get ready for a rough ride. I've got 2 older cousins, and both of them basically raised me. They taught me eveyrthing i needed to know about getting older before i even experienced it. I knew about sex and the dark-side of the human language before i was 10. Its good to know people who DO understand, cuz without them, i'd be slitting my wrists and shutting myself away from society cuz i'd feel isolated cuz of all my problems. Instead, i tell them all the stupid **** my mom does, and they understand cuz that whole side of the family ****ing hates my mom. I can also pass that knowledge down unto my friends who are clueless when it comes to subjects like human anatomy, or sexual intercourse and lingo... its kool lol.

And there's also so many options opening up in our teenage years.... I ****ing hate school, but its done so much for me in my life. Without school, i wouldn't be playing guitar in a band. Without school i wouldnt be able to yell at my mom and confuse her in an arguement (a.k.a i win...PWNT.) My school gives us a ot of bull****, but because they've educated me so damn well, I'm able to see through their bull**** and actually change some of the teachers' minds about the educational system at my school, etc.

its kool :O

You're the kind of teenager that needs a job and a slap.
Quote by Draken
You're the kind of teenager that needs a job and a slap.

agreed. atleast with a job you cannot be accused to being lazy or leaching off someone, and (i dont know how many people agree) it provides a good place to start if your talking with someone or trying to emphasise with them.
Tbh i think most teenagers need a slap and to be told to cheer the **** up.
Quote by kevC4

Just look at those kids these days... Today my bro's friend got to play on my xbox 360 [wich I never use because I don't play games] on gta4 online and there's like 13 year old kids in there trying to speak like rappers and insulting people and stuff.... I mean seriously? And playing Gta4??

Well about gta4, when I was a kid, I was still playing crazy games , but I was conscient about it because my parents always explained me everything.

That's another point why I don't like a point of the religion. What I mean is even if I was young , I would see something like nudity on tv and say like "OMG" and my parents we're just like " oh common it's natural" and always explained me things, whatever my age was.

If these things are not done then the child see everything in another way that it is supposed to be.

Anyway I think that's enoug harguments for the moment... I shouldn't type that munch lol

You un-sigged me.
sup?
Page 1 of 2