So, here's the deal. When I started playing electric guitar, I used the MG15DFX amp, which, apparently, is one of the worst amps, EVER.
Ones to avoid:
Marshall MG (as before- but add in ?crappy fx? too!), Line 6 Spider II (sounds digital).

So, now, I'm looking for a nice, big all-tube config. amplifier. I've done some research, and here's one amp that's caught my attention.

Peavey ValveKing 112 Combo Amp
Another amp (belonged to a friend) was a 120W Crate amp, but I forgot the model. That had the perfect tone for me. So, any recommendations. By the way, I don't need high-wattage amps. Something between 50-75W is enough.

What I'm looking for
  • Nice cleans
  • Heavy-thrashy metal tone [Slayer, Megadeth, Testament]
  • Tool-like prog-rock tone
You simply MUST check out my music on
Reverbnation Downloads available here
Myspace Streaming Only

Especially for fans of Tool, APC, Avant-Garde, Ambient music, rock instrumentals, and fans of music in general. Will not disappoint.
well probably you don't know that 75 tube watts will do to ur ears. Cause my VK 212 can really really make me deaf.
I played it on 2 or 2 and a half on a gig of 300+people.
and the VK can't do trash without an overdrive I guess...
I never tried it cause I h8 metal tho.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
50 W tube is enough for nearly anything, so you don´t need any bigger than that...
i´m not a big fan of the valveking but it is pretty versatile, my bandmate has one and he plays all from jazz to metal on it without pedals(and it sounds pretty decent). but as the others said, you´ll need an extra OD/distortion for trash...

what´s your budget? an used jcm 800 combo would be great
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!