Page 1 of 2
I don't know anything about it other than the fact it's vaguely like Rugby.
Carn the bombers!!!

AFL is ace
Ibanez SA2020FM Prestige
Ernie Ball Musicman Albert Lee 07 LE
Fender roadworn telecaster
VOX ac50cp 2x12
Boss blues driver BD-2
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
Homebrew Electronics THC chorus
Guyatone FLIP tube echo
Boss Graphic EQ GE-7
I'm from Australia and think it's a stupid sport. Ping pong on a larger scale.
The below is false.
The above is true.

*world implodes*
I'd be worried if I didn't know much about it, considering I captain my team and play ruck
Quote by IncubusMan999
donkey the wise, very good

Quote by Metal_Rich
Living up to your name!

Currently searching for more ego padding quotes.

Me in pit = me being bored. Any help is much appreciated.
Quote by soulflyV
Err, it isn't really.

And by really, I mean at all.
Well then I don't know anything about it
I'm Aussie so i know a fair bit about it, i been to one country on holidays once and they had a game like it.
Quote by smb
Well then I don't know anything about it

It's hard to explain a lot about it.

I understand it more than Rugby though. If you watch a couple of AFL games you can get the gist of what's going on.

With rugby there's always these calls that get made and I don't have any idea why.

^^ there are four posts, if you get between the middle two it's 6 points - if you get it between the outer ones you get 1 point
Ibanez SA2020FM Prestige
Ernie Ball Musicman Albert Lee 07 LE
Fender roadworn telecaster
VOX ac50cp 2x12
Boss blues driver BD-2
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
Homebrew Electronics THC chorus
Guyatone FLIP tube echo
Boss Graphic EQ GE-7
Quote by smokin_joe
We played it for PE today, but I live in Sydney so no one knows how to play, so its kinda crap.

Hell, I live in England
Quote by smokin_joe
Oh, cool. I play centre half back. No captaincy however.

Centre Half Back kicks a$$. I hate playing ruck.
Quote by IncubusMan999

Quote by Metal_Rich
Living up to your name!

i like footy. However, being a canadian, I happen to be partial to canadian rules football.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
I'm from England and I moved over to Perth in Australia..like last month. Omg the rules are fustrating and the game just sucks balls. IMO lol
Australia's all about the "fair go", so even if you miss we'll give you something for trying. Stupid game. Rugby is all about strategy and endurance. AFL is all about running around like headless chickens.
The below is false.
The above is true.

*world implodes*
I played rugby for 3 years, and then switched to AFL and am in my 2nd season. There is at least as much strategy in AFL than rugby if you ask me. AFL also requires more technical skills.
Quote by IncubusMan999

Quote by Metal_Rich
Living up to your name!

no where near as good as the NRL, best como in the world.

i have never watched a whole AFL game in my whole life
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
As an Aussie, I'm proud to say that I hate AFL.

Go suck yourselves Melbourne
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
As a brisbane person you should be uniting with melbourne against the evils of sydney!
Quote by IncubusMan999

Quote by Metal_Rich
Living up to your name!

My dad is Australian but I've always lived in England, but my brother's always going on about Aussie Rules and Geelong. I, however, know nothing about it.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
I'm Australian and don't like AFL.
Quote by dubstar92
Sparks92 is made of win

Member #26 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.
PM stepco12345 to join!

Last edited by Sparks92 : Tomorrow at 13:37 AM.
im an aussie... i hate afl...its so lame...
rugby is the game of champions
u cant evan tackle properly in afl...:P
Quote by neopowell
That would be amazing. "I WILL BURN EVERYTHING!" *Garrigan appears with bucket* "Fuck this for a giggle, I'm outta here..."

Blog?
follow me
Quote by punkman_123
Australia's all about the "fair go", so even if you miss we'll give you something for trying. Stupid game. Rugby is all about strategy and endurance. AFL is all about running around like headless chickens.

Your are stupid. Getting a point is not a miss. Its like archery, less points for the outer edges of the target. Reward for hitting the centre of the target
Go tigers
I watch it occasionally.

When theres nothing else on TV, I start flicking through the sports channels and it's one of the 'foreign' sports they have on Setanta (along with Hurling).

I seem to remember violence being part of the game - Player from team A punched player from team B in the stomach, right in front of the referee and no action was taken.
Apart from some of the stupid rules and umpires its a fairly good game. GO THE PIES

Quote by lceman13
You have nice hair!

Quote by splamron
no where near as good as the NRL, best como in the world.

i have never watched a whole AFL game in my whole life

Then how the hell would you know NRL is better?

And to the moron who said rugby league is all about strategy...

You think strategy is getting a bunch of fat men and making them run directly at each other?Its no wonder people think Australians are thuggish when people like you reckon you have to be able to run at someone for it to be called a sport.

And besides, if I was to play a game of AFL against you, you don't even need to have the ball for me to hammer you.

Quote by urbanfox
I watch it occasionally.

When theres nothing else on TV, I start flicking through the sports channels and it's one of the 'foreign' sports they have on Setanta (along with Hurling).

I seem to remember violence being part of the game - Player from team A punched player from team B in the stomach, right in front of the referee and no action was taken.

Hehe, Barry Hall.

That guys a c0ckface. ANd I go for the swans.
Quote by smokin_joe
Then how the hell would you know NRL is better?

And to the moron who said rugby league is all about strategy...

You think strategy is getting a bunch of fat men and making them run directly at each other?Its no wonder people think Australians are thuggish when people like you reckon you have to be able to run at someone for it to be called a sport.

And besides, if I was to play a game of AFL against you, you don't even need to have the ball for me to hammer you.

**** you AFL is stupid its just aerial ping pong almost as bad as union which can tend to be similar when they kick the ball back and forth back and forth.

And as for hammering someone off the ball, watching AFL that seems more like there trying to kiss each other rather than hurt each other. You wouldnt last a minute in a real game like league.
And on the 7th day God created METAL!
Last edited by Jonesy92 at Aug 21, 2008,
AFL? More like GAYFL!

nah just playing. I'm not from Australia, but I live in Sydney and my buddies in Melbourne love it. They should just call it the VFL.

I love Union and League though.
If I throw a ball to my team mate, that is fine.

If I kick a ball to my team mate, and he catches it, he may take 3 steps (I think), and everybody else must give him 10m of space. I think this is called "Marking the Ball".

If I run with the ball, I must bounce it every 10m (maybe yards - who knows?!).

The pitch and the ball are both oddly shaped.

Already mentioned the 6 / 1 point goals I see.

That's all I know. No idea what happens if the ball goes out of play.
Page 1 of 2