for my next amp I want to get a louder amp than the one I have already, but how loud should it be?

I'm not in a band but I may be next year, so hopefully I will do concerts

thanks
Well if you want to be able to gig.. I'd say at least 75+ watts SS or 30+ watts tube.

What sorta music do you play and what kinda budget will you be on?
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
I think oranges are amazing amps. A tiny terror or, if you're willing to spend more, Rockerverb.(With an orange cab). Great tone AND great looks!
Ibanez RGR08LTD
Spear Gladius [with BKP Nailbombs] (soon)

Peavey valve king 212
Orange 212 cab

Pedals of assorted typed
if I was to get a rockerverb 50 what cabinet would I get?

ppc 212? ppc 412?
Cornford Hurricane. Perfet gigging amp. Enough power to keep up, but you can really turn it up. And it sounds absolutely incredible too.

Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Quote by WtrPlyr
PPC212 would be enough, but seeing you don't have a budget you should buy the 412

not necessarily....i actually preferred the sound of the 2x12 compared to the 4x12
Gibson LP w/SD59+PRS Dragon II
Fender 52RI Hotrod Tele
PRS Tremonti SE w/Bulldog Extremist/Black Label

Cornford MK50H & 2x12
Marshall JMP-1

TC Electronics G-System

MacBook + Ableton Live
Why do you want a stack? You don't need a stack. A 30watt tube combo is going to be the same power as a 30watt tube stack, it's just you need to spend more money on the stack, and it's a huge pain to cart around.

I do admit, they look cool though.
Quote by BGSM
Why do you want a stack? You don't need a stack. A 30watt tube combo is going to be the same power as a 30watt tube stack, it's just you need to spend more money on the stack, and it's a huge pain to cart around.

I do admit, they look cool though.

actually. i think it looks cooler to have a combo either 2x12 or 1x12 and a 2x12 cab. i like the sound of smaller cabs(less low end, i guess). like combo on top of a cab. i recommend a ..... i always recommend hot rod deluxe. may not be for you. maybe marshall dsl401?
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by jimbob78
Cornford Hurricane. Perfet gigging amp. Enough power to keep up, but you can really turn it up. And it sounds absolutely incredible too.

This is a good choice if there's really no budget.

Bogner Shiva + Bogner OS 2x12?
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
Dont get a Hot Rod. The cleans are sterile, the distortion is muddy. They're an entry level amp.

What are some bands that you frequently play? Rock is a pretty broad term.

But....
Ceriatone are great Marshall clones, Metropoulos are better but are way more expensive. Keep this in mind: if you want a Marshall sound, don't get a Marshall. Clone companies make better Marshalls than Marshall does.

Oranges are great too, but they have some weird type of EQ where the controls work in conjunction with each other so they take some getting used to.

Look into Bad Cat amps. They're really good.

Or if you want something really fantastic look into these amps called Reason Amps. They're GREAT for just about anything. They really are fantastic, they're all handbuilt and have some awesome sounding gain. Here's a link: http://reasonamps.com/ Look at the SM25, it'll be plenty loud.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.