A friend of mine bought last year a Schecter Stiletto Deluxe 4 and used it mainly through the PC for home practice.The bass has active pickups and used to work fine until about two weeks ago.Now it just makes a little buzz when playing the low E and nothing else.He changed the batteries, played through a few amps but nothing.The wiring in the back seems to be ok, exactly how it was when the bass worked.Now, what could be the problem?
fret buzz or electronic buzz?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Electronic buzz.When he plays, only the low E is heard for just a second.
i think it isnt grounded properly or something

im not sure but i hear that term a lot
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Quote by sonsie
i think it isnt grounded properly or something

im not sure but i hear that term a lot

Its not that. Have you tried it with different cables?
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by fleajr_1412
Its not that. Have you tried it with different cables?

this, your plug might be damaged

also cheaper active basses have a lot of high noise which tweeters pick up, bbut seen as you use it trough the PC and still that won;t be the case.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Also, if it's just your E string you can hear it might a problem with your pickups. If I were you I'd email the guys at Schecter and see if they can help. If they can't then they might be able to send a replacement bass.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
The amps and cables that he used to test the bass were all working fine.Strange is that only the low E makes some sound, while the other strings are dead silent.
Quote by StevenO
The amps and cables that he used to test the bass were all working fine.Strange is that only the low E makes some sound, while the other strings are dead silent.

bring it to a musicshop and let them check the pickups and plug
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ