Ok, so a 1980's Jcm 800 has turned up in a local shop. it is just the head. the guy wants 1600 for it, what's it really worth?
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
anything is worth what the customer will pay.

(google it/Ebay it)
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
They can go a lot cheaper than that, but it depends on what model. Some of them go for more than others. It will be a lot cheaper to get it 2nd hand from another person rather than a shop though.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

Official Newbie Of The 'Australia FTW!' Club PM Alter-Bridge Or The_Random_Hero To Join. Australians only.
DAM man!
Guitar.com.au says they retail for about $3000 and Im guessing itd be a step up from from your Bassman :/

You could probably strike a deal and grab a 1960A 4x12 cab for $900 with it, if youre lucky.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone SG Special Customshop
Jackson JS30RR

Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss Metal Zone
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Ibanez Lo Fi
Behringer Tuner

Marshall AVT100X

Quote by IUseAPurplePick
Quote by Joshrocker48
I Use a purple pick.

+1
Quote by dunda130
DAM man!
Guitar.com.au says they retail for about $3000 and Im guessing itd be a step up from from your Bassman :/

You could probably strike a deal and grab a 1960A 4x12 cab for $900 with it, if youre lucky.

you are retarded.
completely and utterly retarded.
never post advice in this forum again.

used jcm800s tend to go for about £300-£500 here. dunno what that translates to in Aus because you guys tend to pay a lot more for gear.
Gibson LP w/SD59+PRS Dragon II
Fender 52RI Hotrod Tele
PRS Tremonti SE w/Bulldog Extremist/Black Label

Cornford MK50H & 2x12
Marshall JMP-1

TC Electronics G-System

MacBook + Ableton Live
Due to the value differences in Aus (like JOn` said) I can only guess by what I've found in shops - they tend to sell stuff at about 10% more than its worth. You could probably talk them down to 1450AUD I reckon.
A step up from a Bassman?

What?

Oh R.D, there's currently a JCM800 combo on ebay for 780 and a beautiful white 1983 head for 1500....might want to have a look if you're interested?
Quote by imthehitcher
you truly are a prince of men

Quote by isuckhardcore
I get naked FOR my dog.