alright so i'm turnig 15 in 1 month and 8 days. and for my birthday. i can pick a new PC and Monitor. my mom said the pc can cost 600€ Max. so i found this pc @ my local pc shop

* Intel Core2Quad Q6600 4x2,40 GHz 8M Box
* Windows Vista® Home Premium
* 4 GB Ram
* 1TB harddisk
* ATI Radeon™ HD3650 512 MB

is this a good deal? its 599€

the main things i want to do are

*Download (Music/Movies/Games)
*Record. Getting a Toneport GX soon.
*Play Games.

Thnx for the help already!!*hands out ecookies*

Metalbaswee
Quote by MightyAl
Isn't it odd, that Iron Man is a superhero, whereas "iron, woman!" is a command?

EAT MY ASS AND BALLS.
What's wrong with the one you're using?
The below is false.
The above is true.

*world implodes*
Downgrade to XP for your own sake.

P.S. I'm a womanfolk! : )
sraeb

Quote by Trefellin
Show me your erection or gtfo... please.
Quote by punkman_123
What's wrong with the one you're using?

its 7-8 years old. has 256 mb of ram. 30gb harddisk and nvidia gforce 4 or something. and usb 1.1 which sucks.

and vista is fine for me
Quote by MightyAl
Isn't it odd, that Iron Man is a superhero, whereas "iron, woman!" is a command?

EAT MY ASS AND BALLS.
Sounds pretty damn good tbh. Although I would use XP
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
is dual booting a option.?
Quote by MightyAl

EAT MY ASS AND BALLS.
Seems good, but I suggest Windows XP instead of Vista and a Nvidia G-Force card instead of the ATI.
Build your own and get a computer 2x as fast for the same price, or less. The 3650 is pretty lousy for newer games.
Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.
Quote by DGBnpiy
+1 vista eats too much memory...

No, it doesn't. There's nothing wrong with vista, especially now after that latest service pack.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Poglia
Seems good, but I suggest Windows XP instead of Vista and a Nvidia G-Force card instead of the ATI.

LMFAO, an NVIDIA over ATI? You do realize ATI's HD4870 is the fastest single core card out right now, right? And the X2 version is even better
Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.
The only problem I would have with that system is with recording. But if you're getting an external soundcard, it should be safe as toast.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by Quidra
That videocard is a total bottleneck.

If you want to play games, then buy a better videocard.

I would reccomend a AMD HD 4850(170$) or 4870(280$).

well @ the moment thats not possible.

but for todays games(and all the other super great games from the last 6 years that i could not play) it would do just fine?
Quote by MightyAl

EAT MY ASS AND BALLS.
Quote by metalbaswee
its 7-8 years old. has 256 mb of ram. 30gb harddisk and nvidia gforce 4 or something. and usb 1.1 which sucks.

and vista is fine for me

You know where your old computer will end up if you buy a new one? In landfill. Computer technology is increasing exponentially, which means more and more computers will end up in landfill. Which means more and more land will be rendered infertile, more and more toxic pollutants will be leached by run-off, and more far-reaching health and economic issues will arise.

Do you really want to contribute to the downfall of society? Is that really what you want?
The below is false.
The above is true.

*world implodes*
Quote by punkman_123
You know where your old computer will end up if you buy a new one? In landfill. Computer technology is increasing exponentially, which means more and more computers will end up in landfill. Which means more and more land will be rendered infertile, more and more toxic pollutants will be leached by run-off, and more far-reaching health and economic issues will arise.

Do you really want to contribute to the downfall of society? Is that really what you want?

thats why i'm giving it to my grandpa. it works great for him

but you made me feel very bad.
Quote by MightyAl

EAT MY ASS AND BALLS.
Quote by metalbaswee

but for todays games(and all the other super great games from the last 6 years that i could not play) it would do just fine?

Well you will be able to play, but with low resolution and medium to low settings.
Quote by AlucardZero
LMFAO, an NVIDIA over ATI? You do realize ATI's HD4870 is the fastest single core card out right now, right? And the X2 version is even better
Yes, I have no doubt that ATI have good cards too, but I simply prefer Nvidia. A very very old G-Force 2 (64 mb) works way way better than a Radeon with 128mb not that old... tested personally.

And I prefer AMD to Intel too

(please note that these are only my preferences, so don't flame)
Quote by metalbaswee

Probably the less recent games, but the card costing $60-80 prompts me to think it's not up to speed with today's games.

Quote by punkman_123

If that's what it takes to play oblivion, yes.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by metalbaswee
thats why i'm giving it to my grandpa. it works great for him

but you made me feel very bad.

And what will he do with it when all the hardware is obsolete?

Your grandfather is the devil reincarnate.
The below is false.
The above is true.

*world implodes*
banned cause never call him like that..

my grandfather is nothing like me.

but i guess i could ask them if they could replace the graphics card for me. and if have to wait 4 months to upgrade, it's worth it.
Quote by MightyAl

EAT MY ASS AND BALLS.
Quote by Poglia
Yes, I have no doubt that ATI have good cards too, but I simply prefer Nvidia. A very very old G-Force 2 (64 mb) works way way better than a Radeon with 128mb not that old... tested personally.

And I prefer AMD to Intel too

(please note that these are only my preferences, so don't flame)

Well you make like em more, but ATI + Intel is better than anything Nvidia + AMD, of course technology changes, and this is only temporary. Still, you shouldn't be a slave to just one company simply because that's what you started with YEARS ago >_>... Same with guitars/amps etc.
What about the monitor?
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
Haha all these wankers that jump over to ATI as soon as they release a card is hilarious.

Well remember kids, you need good DRIVERS to actually make that little box of chips do anything, and I have had only bad experiences with ATI drivers.

Anyway...

TS, that PC is an extremely good deal. I have that CPU and it's really, really strong.

Just make sure you pick up some decent 5.1 surround and screen for that thing, and you are away.