hi,
i want an amp which is mainly focused around hard rock, but i want it also to be able to do a really awesome blues/srv tone, and also with the help of a pedal or 2....it could play some metal

it cant be too big, cos it would mainly be played in just me bedroom, but i would like it loud enough to be heard over a drummer and maybe small gigs if i ever got the chance.

i want this amp to be an amp which would last me sometime so my price range is going to be about £1000 ($2000)

i live in england by the way.

to give an example of artists, stevie ray vaughan (essential) led zepplin, pink floyd, guns n roses, foo fighters, ac/dc, and then maybe some system of a down , rage against the machine and metallica

i will use pedals and my guitar is a les paul but im probably going to get a strat sometime.

thanks very much,
which mesa boogie combo would be able to do a good stevie ray vaughan tone which still being able to do a really nice distortion??

and remember my budget aswell
thanks for the answer though
I think the only mesa that would give blues is a lonestar, but i cant comment on how close to stevie ray that gets. with your budget maybe two amps and A/B them?
You probably want to be looking at Cornford , although with a grand you can pretty much pick and choose and get anything you want.

http://www.coda-music.com/product_info.php?products_id=1559&oscsid=a4782841f8ed762aa7ec142b34a044bf

http://www.coda-music.com/product_info.php?products_id=1560&oscsid=a4782841f8ed762aa7ec142b34a044bf

The Harlequin is a low wattage amp specifically designed for home and studio use.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Aug 21, 2008,
orange rockerverb 50 combo?
Gibson LP w/SD59+PRS Dragon II
Fender 52RI Hotrod Tele
PRS Tremonti SE w/Bulldog Extremist/Black Label

Cornford MK50H & 2x12
Marshall JMP-1

TC Electronics G-System

MacBook + Ableton Live
Quote by gilmourish
what about the mesa boogie express???

From what I've heard, so take this with a pinch of salt;
Apparently the weaker of the Mesa range, and the gain can't go too high. Probably a good thing - might suit you well, so you may need a pedal or two.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by gilmourish
what about the mesa boogie express???

Poor value in the UK compared to what else is out there.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
With that budget you will have a ton of amps to choose from. Get down to your guitar store and start trying some out.
Orange
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
cornford hurricane, used cornell plexi (adjustable wattage settings).
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Laney GH50L

Blackstar Artisan 30

An old Marshall if you can find one, like a JTM or a JMP

A freakin Matamp.
mesa boogie rectoverb. perfect combo for metal, hard rock and stevie tones. that amp is amazing. easily the best amp i've ever played.
'79 Fender Deluxe Reverb
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez TS9, Keeley TS9 Baked Mod
Zendrive

LOOOOOK INTOOOOOO THEEEE PICCCTUREEEEEEEEE

Member of UG's Gain Whores - pm gpderek09 to join