Page 1 of 2
I know this has been done before concerning the belief of ghosts but this is relatively different as this is my veeeery short story.

Basically I met someone tonight that had the same believes as me as far as ghosts. We both don't believe in ghosts and haven't since we were like ten years old. But we both are intrigued by the thought of spirits and ghosts and basically WANT to see a ghost. So we are going to travel to the most haunted places in America and document our events and see what happens.

Basically my question in this thread is to the people who actually believe in ghosts. My question is ... why. Why do you believe this exists? I'm ghost hunting and I want the people who actually do believe in this to tell me how and why this exists.
You're not gonna find any I'm willing to bet, but I'd love to do a similar trip just to see some cool places.

Oh and you're not gonna find any good answers to find "how and why" they exist on UG either.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
You're not gonna find any I'm willing to bet, but I'd love to do a similar trip just to see some cool places.

Oh and you're not gonna find any good answers to find "how and why" they exist on UG either.

I agree seeing how UG pit monkeys are trying so hard to be 4chan groupies little sisters is embarassing I have an account here.

But I'm seriously going on a trip with this guy to the most haunted places in America because we're so curious and actually WANT a ghost to slap us in the face if in fact ghosts exist.

I just wanted to know what people here thought that actually DO believe in spirits and ghosts. And why it is they believe in this.
There is a thread already on this isn't there?

And Google it, jesus christ!
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
Quote by b00m_
There is a thread already on this isn't there?

And Google it, jesus christ!

This isn't something I would google if you read my thread starting post. I'm looking for reactions to my search I'm going on.

It might be too much to comprehend for most pit monkeys.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
goastz r teh kewl lol

You're creative.

NOT SO EDIT: Double post ban me.
Why do you immediately think so called, 'pit monkeys', are simple. I bet most people here are actually quite intelligent, even if they don't want to admit it.

You should watch some ghost shows where they hunt for ghosts. They have all the technical gear and such. It would give you some really good information and help you on your quest. Search for the ghost forum. I think there is one. That is bound to have some answers for you.
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
Quote by b00m_
Why do you immediately think so called, 'pit monkeys', are simple. I bet most people here are actually quite intelligent, even if they don't want to admit it.

You should watch some ghost shows where they hunt for ghosts. They have all the technical gear and such. It would give you some really good information and help you on your quest. Search for the ghost forum. I think there is one. That is bound to have some answers for you.

Pit monkeys are NOT intelligent.
Quote by ugsusheyftef

They do have great witty remarks though.
Quote by atr5557
Quote by b00m_

Seriously we come here to kick back and relax besides that it's still Summer till atleast August 25th. WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM US!!!!!?????!!!!!?????
if someone made ghosts up then lets just say its one of the biggest most elaborative pranks that have been passed down through centuries.

because documented stories exist for centuries.
and although theyre very existence defies all our laws...
they belong to a dark and blurry un explained side of this universe...many will experience stuff they cant explain, not saying ghosts are the answer, but until something can be totally disproved we can hold onto our shreds of belief , right?

i myself believe in a differnt explanation rather than just wandering spirits.
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
I believe we're living in Hell. And when we die we either go to Heaven or we're forced to walk the Earth (Hell) for etenity as Ghosts.
i like to believe in ghosts, not because i find the evidence overwhelming, but because i'd much rather live in a world where we don't know everything and spirits and such do exist.
Quote by Hello.Kitty

Basically I met someone tonight that had the same believes as me as far as ghosts. We both don't believe in ghosts and haven't since we were like ten years old. But we both are intrigued by the thought of spirits and ghosts and basically WANT to see a ghost. So we are going to travel to the most haunted places in America and document our events and see what happens.

Wow your brave man, I could never do something like that. But I don't really believe in ghosts, it just seems too crazy that people die and then stick around to watch us, looking forward to hearing your results so make sure you make a thread when you get back from your trip.
Quote by Aussieloco
I believe we're living in Hell. And when we die we either go to Heaven or we're forced to walk the Earth (Hell) for etenity as Ghosts.

Whether you are serious or not, I had the same idea a while ago.

I had a concept that we are all actually dead, and when we supposedly 'die', we become alive, and the world of life is a completely different world, yet we don't know that we have gone into a different world.

Just a thought.

Quote by atr5557
Check out the "ghosts are defineitly real" (yes it has a spelling mistake) thread for inspiration - which despite a (in my opinion) clearly fabricated and weak starting post turned into one of the best threads ever.

Also you would be best off speaking to locals and finding out authentic haunts.
Quote by ugsusheyftef

And mate, you're no exception

If you google it you'll probably find some kind of "ghost Q&A" sort of thing that talks about people beliefs and experiences.. But posting in the pit isn't that good of an idea, if you want serious answers: ....
And seriously, when people like meths etc get here, dont let them dent your beliefs
Gear:
dude this is my department man.il cum along k,since im UG's official ghost hunter.im gonna bring my proton pack and toaster...u guys wont survive without it
Quote by b00m_
Whether you are serious or not, I had the same idea a while ago.

I had a concept that we are all actually dead, and when we supposedly 'die', we become alive, and the world of life is a completely different world, yet we don't know that we have gone into a different world.

Just a thought.

Yeah that's kinda the same idea I had too. *high five*
If you're going to haunted places because you want to see a ghost, then you believe in ghosts.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
no not necessarily.
they want to find evidence because they want o belive but they think there isnt any evidence to belive in , so they want some straight up!
Gear:
Quote by Aussieloco
Yeah that's kinda the same idea I had too. *high five*

Fuck yeah man!

Who knows, it could be true.
Quote by atr5557
Quote by x0rsist
no not necessarily.
they want to find evidence because they want o belive but they think there isnt any evidence to belive in , so they want some straight up!

No, they believe in ghosts or that ghosts possibly exist. He said they didn't believe in ghosts, full stop.

I don't believe in ghosts, and I would never even consider going to look for one, because they don't exist.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
No ghosts.
Srsly.

People want to believe, there are people who want to believe in this very thread, and when you want to believe some thing bad enough "ZOMG a Shadoe! It mst b a ghst lolol!"
The human mind is what causes belief in all spiritual things, ghosts, poltergiests, demons, Jesus, angels, pink elephants, leprechauns and everything else, and that is a hell of alot creepier than any ghost.
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
Yeah but you clearly want to believe if you go searching for evidence, no?
theres obviously a difference between you and OP in that sense.
Gear:
Quote by solid_moose
No ghosts.
Srsly.

People want to believe, there are people who want to believe in this very thread, and when you want to believe some thing bad enough "ZOMG a Shadoe! It mst b a ghst lolol!"
The human mind is what causes belief in all spiritual things, ghosts, poltergiests, demons, Jesus, angels, pink elephants, leprechauns and everything else, and that is a hell of alot creepier than any ghost.

Scientologist?
Quote by rabidguitarist
No, they believe in ghosts or that ghosts possibly exist. He said they didn't believe in ghosts, full stop.

I don't believe in ghosts, and I would never even consider going to look for one, because they don't exist.

Here we go with semantics, they said they WANT to see in ghosts but they don't believe. I don't believe in god but I don't KNOW if a god exists or not.

It's not so bad to actually look for evidence to support your belief is it?
Quote by x0rsist
Yeah but you clearly want to believe if you go searching for evidence, no?
theres obviously a difference between you and OP in that sense.

You would have to at least believe in the possibility of ghosts to go searching for evidence, unless you were trying to disprove their existence by trying to find no evidence.

And I cba arguing anymore.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Quote by solid_moose
No ghosts.
Srsly.

thats why people use cameras and recorders these days when they go looking for evidence.

"ahh **** perry, that figure you just recorded, cant be real, my cameras hallucinating again!"
Gear:
ghosts are real
i saw one in the corner of my eye before i reached into the fridge when i wuz round 5.
ive been convinced ever since.
Quote by rabidguitarist
You would have to at least believe in the possibility of ghosts to go searching for evidence, unless you were trying to disprove their existence by trying to find no evidence.

And I cba arguing anymore.

Hysjgdsj JKjkdsan jshdfsdsdjka neishdnh!

sjkdidsnkj owdneuecne, didwknd, ihefenc ihdiwnd!

I soo totally owned you there..reall!y argument over anyway, i win.
Gear:
Quote by punk_metal
ghosts are real
i saw one in the corner of my eye before i reached into the fridge when i wuz round 5.
ive been convinced ever since.

Nah u wer jst high
Quote by x0rsist
Hysjgdsj JKjkdsan jshdfsdsdjka neishdnh!

sjkdidsnkj owdneuecne, didwknd, ihefenc ihdiwnd!

I soo totally owned you there..reall!y argument over anyway, i win.

Well done, your lack of maturity just rendered all of your argument less credible than mine.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Quote by Aussieloco
Scientologist?

Uh, no. Scientist

Oh and to the other guy, there are SO many high quality videos of ghosts were it couldn't possibly be anything else right?
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
Page 1 of 2