Alright guys, im definately getting a new amp, and am in need of some assistance. Firstly i play muse, bloc party, arctic monkeys etc. so indie/rock. I'm not yet in a band, but i have a friend who plays drums and was thinking of jammin with him sooner or later.

Alright then, the two amps are:

Epiphone Valve Junior Combo - 5 watts
or
Epiphone Valve standard - 15 watts

Im in Aus so everything is overpriced and i've heard these are good amps for the price, plus i dont have a music store near me that will stock these so i cant really try them out.

TIA
Neither. If you're just starting to play guitar, get a Roland cube. Not because its amazing, but because its better than that Epiphone.
they're both pretty cool little amps that go good with pedals.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by SilentGhost
Neither. If you're just starting to play guitar, get a Roland cube. Not because its amazing, but because its better than that Epiphone.

where does it say he's just starting to play guitar?
Gibson LP w/SD59+PRS Dragon II
Fender 52RI Hotrod Tele
PRS Tremonti SE w/Bulldog Extremist/Black Label

Cornford MK50H & 2x12
Marshall JMP-1

TC Electronics G-System

MacBook + Ableton Live
Quote by JOn`
where does it say he's just starting to play guitar?

+1

Get the valve standard IMO. That way, you can jam without being overpowered by the drummer.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Simsimius
+1

Get the valve standard IMO. That way, you can jam without being overpowered by the drummer.

Great tone, IMO.

Master volume, so you can get a nice bluesy to indie rock overdrive, and it has DSP (though the only usable ones are reverb and maybe chorus).

Cheap, loud, and good tone.
Get the 15 watt'r, it will hold up to a drummer better. I have only tried the 5 watt but I can't imagine the 15 sounding much different.
Quote by gregs1020
Get the 15 watt'r, it will hold up to a drummer better. I have only tried the 5 watt but I can't imagine the 15 sounding much different.

I does, and it's better IMO.