Can anyone point me in the direction of any information about my old park lead valve amp. It's a combo with the park logo on the front and the word lead on the control panel... but that's pretty much all I have. Inside there is a sticker which dates it as May '79. The sticker also says 1 x 12 (speaker size?) and the serial number 2546.

Everything on it works and there's no noise from any of the controls. It's in pretty good order apart from the front grill which is a bit scrappy. It sounds great.

Any ideas what it is and obviously is it supposed to be anything special and/or worth anything? I'm not necessarily looking to sell it but if it's worth more to a collector than say the cost of something else that is better suited to my needs (basically it's sat in my box room and is deafeningly loud) then...

The footswitch cuts the reverb and/or halves the gain (sounds really sweet like this).

Cheers,

Mark
Last edited by dernian at Aug 21, 2008,
Park was a division of Marshall amplifiers. At some point Jim Marshall wasn't happy with the distribution that he was getting from Rose Morris but they had exclusive rights to distribute Marshall products. So Jim just decided to brand Marshall amps under a different name and Park amplifiers were born. Looks like it's a 50 watter and I be that thing sounds great. How much did you pay for it?
Quote by aberrant
Park was a division of Marshall amplifiers. At some point Jim Marshall wasn't happy with the distribution that he was getting from Rose Morris but they had exclusive rights to distribute Marshall products. So Jim just decided to brand Marshall amps under a different name and Park amplifiers were born. Looks like it's a 50 watter and I be that thing sounds great. How much did you pay for it?

I've read up on the marshall/park stuff and thought it may be a 50W amp. I guess what I was after was any more detail about this amp and whether there was any marshall equivelent.

I think it sounds lovely but I've not much experience in these matters. The only downside of the thing for me is that it's extremely loud and has no headphone stage.

I bought it 2nd hand in a shop about 20 years ago for £50 quid I think (maybe £75 but I doubt it as I was skint ).