I really want the goth because of the finish but I have been asking around if a G-400 could sonund bluesy and it does but the pickups on the goth are diffrent so i dont want to compromise blusiness.
about 75% of the reason you buy a certain guitar is because of the sound, not the finish or shape. Anyway if you really want the goth finish with the normal g 400 setup you could go to the shop that sells goth ones and ask if they what type of finish it is , then you could attempt it yourself by sanding the original colour of and repainting.
Pickups won't make worlds of difference. You can still be bluesy with even emg81/85 pickups.
Let's go back to five billion bpm and see how good i am.
Just try the guitar out before you buy it. If all else fails invest in a blues pedal or different amp to change your tone
Bring Back the Music

I am a gear whore... Any little odds and ends that is in the middle of nowhere, I am coming for you

UG Missle Silo

Quote by SvnStringMaster
It sounds way hot, fuzzy, and like i shoved a mic up my ass and ran up the stairs.
luke-bassist is right on.

You can always swap out the pickups too. EMGs are known for high gain applications, not blues, but I suppose it can be done.
The simpleton's rig:
Fender Roadhouse Stratocaster
Homemade Fuzz pedal "the chainsaw"
Peavey Valveking 212.
goth g-400 has satin finish on the neck. satin=smooth. smooth=FAST!!!!!!!!!!
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
both guitars have the same pickups, they're just covered on the regular g-400 and open on the goth.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Last edited by mikeyElite at Aug 21, 2008,
Quote by mikeyElite
both guitars have the same pickups, they're just covered on the regular g-400 and open on the goth.

Ah, thanks for clearing up my mistake
The simpleton's rig:
Fender Roadhouse Stratocaster
Homemade Fuzz pedal "the chainsaw"
Peavey Valveking 212.
the open pickups will sound brighter and slightly hotter, whille the coverd 1s will sound warmer and more bluesy. but its so slight that ull prolly NEVER notice it.
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B