what do you think would be wise settings for pop punk/alt. rock cover stuff given that my gear is mainly for the hardcore/metal genre?

main bands:

the academy is...
fall out boy
my chemical romance
we the kings
taking back sunday
foo fighters

also...

im probably going to start up again in my churchs student band as rhythm guitarist and i was wondering...our lead uses an mg250dfx & epi lp custom (that i sold him haha)

im wondering how to get a tone that wont clash with his....im guessing the crunch channel on my amp will be good if hes using lead..

although im sure whatever i use will crush his MG...

AND....we play in a gym so...how far back do i need to put my amp so i can crank it enough where it wont need to be mic'ed 7 cna be heard over drums?

or should i get it to come out of the house speakers

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Last edited by jcp42877 at Aug 21, 2008,
So long as you turn the amp gain down a touch, you should be able to pull it off. Do you know what EMG setup is in the Schecter?
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Dude.. its a ****ing hellraiser. They come with 81/85's. I also love that the TS has an unholy metal setup to play in a church band haha.

EDIT:

Also, why do you have TWO threads on the same subject?
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Last edited by nebiru at Aug 21, 2008,
Quote by Korzack
So long as you turn the amp gain down a touch, you should be able to pull it off. Do you know what EMG setup is in the Schecter?

the 89/81

Quote by nebiru
Dude.. its a ****ing hellraiser. They come with 81/85's. I also love that the TS has an unholy metal setup to play in a church band haha.

EDIT:

Also, why do you have TWO threads on the same subject?

haha, well actually....most of the bands i listen to are Chrsitian metal or of some extent: TDWP, Maylene, Underoath, etc.

but ya....i figured i wouldnt really get the question answered in my other thread because the topic didnt state i had THAT kind of question in it it..sorry

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
I like the Avater man,
Turn down that gain a LOT.
With an amp like a 5150, keep you gain on maybe 4 or 5. Boost your mids ands bass and keep your treble a bit low.
But also check out the Ultimate Settings Thread and adjust your gain to fit.
Rhythm channel with the gain higher. Still not that high. If you use the lead channel it could easily go pants. But play around with both.

My rhythm channel is quieter than my lead, that might just be mine being broken though, so you'd have more flexibility volume wise as the lead channel goes from quiet to loud in about 3mm of a turn.

For EQ just play around with it until you find something that you like and that works with everything else. I wouldn't boost the mids, it's already got enough.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau