It took me about 35 minutes to compose it the way I want and by the time I was ready to record I was so frustrated, so there is bound to be mistakes/improv/something not needed, but overall I'm proud of it (probably because I know what it sounds like when it's done 100%) but yes, comments?

www.myspace.com/cursedchoir It's listed as Ashleys Song.
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Warrior WRXT *FS/FT*
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

Part of UG's 7 STRING LEGION
you go in and out of time and at points theres no definitive rhythm. so just re upload when youve got a better idea of the song.
At what parts? >.> I'm not too great of a guitar player, I've probably been playing about a year or so now. I know the chord rhythm is off, and I messed up and would hit a wrong note in some passages so that's probably why.
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

sup dude that is a really kewl thing you've got there on how it can go from a soft chord progression and then finding a smooth way to go into some power chords and little riffs without taking away from what the song is actually for and about. so yah i think its really kewl but i deffenitly want to hear it again when you get some rhythm guitar in there, or a bass or drums and what-not. just one thing that caught my attention i think that when you get a drum thing in there i think that just the bass pedal of the drum and guitar and vocals would be kewl around where the guitar part changes again i think at the 2 minute mark. So there you could probably cancel everything else out but vocals, drum bass pedal, and guitar. Also one last thing i think its going to be hard to choose where to insert the first word in the vocals so around the 1 minute mark i would recommend a pause or something to fit the first few words..... Like stopping all instruments but bass maybe and then sing a sentence or two then jump into a really strong alternate picking chord progression so its powerful but doesn't lose its feel if a really nice, not to angry song. All in all this is a pretty awesome piece keep it up cause i definitely would by this on an album. Good luck
Thanks man but I'm a little out of it right now I thought what I had there was at least somewhat passable as far as song goes...it really shines light on how little I know about guitar, haha, I'll def be touching it up soon but I'd like the other guy to point out my mistakes so I know what I'm doing wrong as well as doing right. Also, I'm not in a band or anything so I don't know about that but I do appreciate your feedback. However, no power chords in the song, it was all based around 4-5 chords haha
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

yah i said power chords and then i submitted it and im like... what the heck am i thinking... sorry about that i meant powerful chords... thats better. and yah the same happens with me cause i write something and it sounds good to me then i play for my friend or someone and then im like.... this is not as good as i remember but send me a message or something when its all finished.. also which chords are those cause i think i might want to add those to one of my works in progress
I believe I used

Amaj
C major
Aaug/D
Asu4
G

That's all I can remember, had to look up a chord chart as I don't know the names of half the chords I play, I just remember the patterns and which sound good with which...btw, based off the recording, how would you rank my guitar skills? Some people I know don't think I'm any good I however, like to think otherwise.
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

dude personally i think thats pretty good playing there cause of the way thats each riff is executed.. i just think that in some of the parts it sounded like some chords were kinda seperated from the rest of the chords and thanks for tell me the ones you used. but really to tell you if your really good or not i judge people on the skills they know and the dedication they put into there playing and i judge a bit on what songs they can play and there imagination for improv and whatnot so really i think i have to listen to more of your stuff to really tell... but so far pretty good but there is always room to improve