Hey everyone, I recently made a song, just wanted ideas on how to make it better. Theres no vocal Areas just yet, I plan to make the vocals alongside the instrumentals (For the verses), so its just a placeholder riff shown by the jingle bells. (Chorus is on the powerchords)

There IS some sound tearing, my computer was a bit laggy during the recording, but theres nothing I could do for that, as it will be like that no matter what I do.

This is my first song project that got this far really... (Darkness was done by another bandmember)

...No, this is not the actual name, its just a placeholder I found on UG. Sounds cool...

Remember, when the drum beats are kinda, weirdly done, its because my computer lagged at that moment... so... sorry about that... happens A LOT at the end.
Quote by steven seagull
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
+1

You should always listen to this bird-man-woman-thing.

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

What the fuck man!? That's SWEET

I think I might actually use that!

Last edited by gold_ninja101 at Aug 22, 2008,
Sounds nice dude! I like the overall feeling of the song, but the sound quality simply does not do the song justice at all. I really want to hear this in better quality some time.
Not a fan of the big gap at 0:45, I think filling it out with something would have been better. Or if you're going for the full stop, built up till you get more of a "falling of the cliff" sound.

I like the harmony in the lead part.
But the general direction of the bass line has pretty much been the same all the way through.
Thanks for the crit. But the gap is because thats where vocals will go, and I havent gotten anything done yet there, so its empty. And yeah, your right about the bass line, I guess I should have it change up a little more.
Quote by steven seagull
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
+1

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Hey, I uploaded Version 2 now. It makes some changes, like now it removed the obnoxious pause, replaced it with a placeholder riff (Theres a chime where it is though...). And I have some more bass lines/fixed problems.
Quote by steven seagull
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
+1

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Listening to V2: The background is very very catchy.

However, I hated the distortion on the bg... it sort of screams "amateur" It just doesn't sound too good. It needs some more kick, some more "melody" to its tone. Maybe that's just me.

I don't know there isn't a lot to say here... hte leads are very well done. And that was the main focus of this.

Thanks for getting to mine mate.
I see, thanks for the Crit, Ill see what I can do about it.
Quote by steven seagull
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
+1

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Sounds nice man.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

i really like it... its catchy... just needs to sound less synthesized unless thats what ur really going for