i was looking at some different cabs and heads and found an ampeg 4x10 and a head but i was also suggested a hartke head and cab which works out cheaper so im going with the hartke head because an SVT head is too expensive but ive never experienced ethier cab so can anyone help me out with choosing which to buy

links;

ampeg:http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=9694

Hartke; http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/410-xl/69235
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
You're probably going to get a better cab with the Ampeg. Hartke's cabs are okay, but they're not the strong point of the company, that's for sure. There are some stories of breaking down.

What about their combos? I've been considering a Hartke HyDrive 115C, since I've been trying it out at a local music store and I'm loving it.
they both are good but look at gallien-krueger
What doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger

Bass: Ibanez Gsr200
Bass amp: Ibanez sw100 stack

Guitar: squier starter pack

never buy a squier!
Quote by Hergiswi
What about their combos? I've been considering a Hartke HyDrive 115C, since I've been trying it out at a local music store and I'm loving it.

The hydrives are on a whole different level. They're new and pretty different from the HA series. I've only tried out the HA series, but the HyDrives seem very, very good. The neodymium is a big plus.
I've had my hartke rig for over a year and used it in every possible way i can think of for who knows how many god damn sounds.. and it's still kickin strong and sounding smooth so i acnt vouch for the ampeg stuff but i can tell you my hartke rig was a fine buy
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Green Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Member - Geddy Lee Fan Club -

Hartke 4x10, 400W VX cab
Hartke HA3500 350W head

Squire Custom JAZZ Bass (Midnight Blue)
I have the Hartke 4x10 but the paper cone

I love it

Works for everything I want it to do, I Pair it with the 1x15 and i get a pretty thick monster sound

and after gigs I keep getting people saying...
"how did you get that sound?"
"Thats a pretty big sound back there"
"The sound was pretty impressive"
"OH DAYM THAT WAS MONSTER!"

Which always give me a smile

not sure about Ampeg, but are probably of a higher Quality, just saying Hartke will get the job done well
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"
My Hartke combo was horrendous. One of the Kickback series with the aluminium cone. Broke twice and now just sits in my room because I would rather use a 25watt practice amp.
Liberation Minister of the UK Price War Army. PM Felkara to join

Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
You idiot....you set your hair on fire for a dollar.

Did you buy some intelligence afterwards??
You can't really compare Hartke and Ampeg, tbh. 2 entirely different sounds
Just test both and you'll know wich one you want.
Maruszczyk Frog 6 custom -> TC electronic Polytune-> Markbass CMD mini 121 + Markbass traveler 121H

Playing bass in Bamboo Avenue (Like us on facebook! )
EP out now!
I much prefer Hartke's over Ampeg.
I just love the overall tone , I get from my 4x10 aluminum cones, its an equal balance of bass and tone if you ask me. So I would go Hartke!
My Bass Rig (Since Everyone does this)
Fender Jazz 5 String
4x10 Hartke Transporter Series
Behringer BX4500H Ultrabass Bass Head (Changing to a Hartke 5500)

My Band: http://www.myspace.com/morningnj