im going to buy a new acoustic today...after 2 hours of trying our numerous guitars, i realized that martin and taylor seemed to play like butter...no real effort to play the strings..while some others including the breedlove i want to buy seem to take more pressure to push the strings down...is it the strings?...is it the guitar?...there only thing i did see is that they put 12's on all their guitars once the strings need changing so that might be it
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
how hard the strings are to press down is generally determined by how the action is set (distance of the string from the fretboard) Higher action acoustics are more tailored for playing slide guitar.
martins and taylors are just set up and made perfectly so the action is very low with no buzzing...a lot of lower end guitars are more hit or miss with this
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
String gauge, action, fret height/width, neck dimensions, scale length, nut, tuning, etc.
martins and taylors are just set up and made perfectly so the action is very low with no buzzing...a lot of lower end guitars are more hit or miss with this

Low end Martins and Taylors are just as erratic as other low end guitars.
Quote by confusius
Low end Martins and Taylors are just as erratic as other low end guitars.

This man speaks the truth, for **** sake people stop worshiping martin and taylor as if they could do no wrong. Simple fanboys.
Acoustic Percussion Guitar Player
Quote by InvaderTSN
I can only poop during full moons.
How guitars play and sound depend on the guitarist. Put a cheap guitar in the hands of a good player and it can sound great. Put a $5,000 guitar in the hands of a crappy player and it will sound like crap. Some of the early blues recording by great players were played on garbage guitars with shocking neck actions and terrible stings, but boy oh boy did they sound great! Don't get hung up on guitar brands. Concentrate on your playing, the music, the rhythm and your expression with whatever you have rather than getting lost in the tools of the trade which happens to so many budding guitarists. No guitar will make you sound good if your not a good guitarist. I went through all that crap with photography when I was younger. Crappy photographers with Hasselblads [the most expensive cameras in the world] producing crappy photos.

Van Gough never needed expensive paint brushes to produce masterpieces and Blind Lemon Jefferson produced masterpieces on cheap guitars!
Last edited by Akabilk at Aug 24, 2008,